He was rescued and adopted by Thetis and her fellow Nereid Eurynome educating and raising him in their grotto on the Ise of Lemno, where Hephaestus took great pleasure in crafting inventions in the workshop she gave her.
Their wedding was celebrated on Mount Pelion by many Gods (including Hera, Athena, Aphrodite, Apollo, Cheiron the Centaur, Hermes, Zeus...) who brought gifts, among them Cheiron's spear, crafted by Athena and Hephaestus.
The wedding was interrupted by the arrival of Eris, Goddess of strife and discord, infuriated to having not been invited. She brought a gift, an apple, for the fairest, and threw it in the assembly, causing Hera, Athena and Aphrodite to claim it. That event would lead to the Trojan War.
As an Olympian Goddess, Thetis presumably has all the traditional gifts of her people.
- 6 Appearances of Thetis (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Thetis (Earth-616)
- Media Thetis (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 2 Images featuring Thetis (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Thetis (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Thetis (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|