- J. Jonah Jameson (First appearance)
- Sinister Syndicate (First appearance)
- Denise Carlston
- Eric Chan
- Anti-gravity ray
- Newscopter 4
The rider takes the position as a Daily Bugle "cub reporter" travelling in a Scoop during an active night of crime-fighting. He or she is given 3-D "night-sight goggles" during the ride's queue. Spider-Man drops onto the rider's vehicle and warns that Doc Ock is on the loose. Doc Ock gathers Spider-Man's main villains, called the Sinister Syndicate, and boasts of his anti-gravity ray over the stolen ruins of the Statue of Liberty. Electro electrifies the rider's vehicle and then Spider-Man battles Hydro-Man, Doc Ock, and the Hobgoblin. Finally, Doc Ock uses his anti-gravity ray on the Scoop to make it float forty stories above New York City. At the ride's climax, the vehicle plunges down to the streets only to be saved by Spider-Man's web and Spider-Man wraps the villains up in a giant web cocoon to take them to prison.
|Chris Edgerly||Spider-Man, J. Jonah Jameson|
|Rodger Bumpass||Doc Ock|
The ride was designed three years before opening using storyboards and miniatures. Experiments with fog machines, fire, and laser rays helped perfect environmental and live special effects. Designers used advanced planning to synchronize all elements of the ride. For example, a technique dubbed "squenching" was used to predict how objects would move in three dimensions from the perspective of the moving audience. In 2012, the ride animation was enhanced to accommodate the next-generation 3D glasses to prevent "ghosting." More detail to the ride was added in the background, although the same basic story and ride experience were preserved.
- Stan Lee appears numerous times throughout the attraction.
- When Spider-Man is fighting Doc Ock on the streets, a movie theater can be seen advertising "The Clone Saga".
- Characters from The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
- Other things related to The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
- Film Gallery: The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
- Images from the film
Links and References
- The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man at UniversalOrlando.com