Tamara Kurtz was born a mutant following her parents exposure to fallout from the nuclear detonation over Hiroshima. She was recruited by Stryfe into the Mutant Liberation Front. On one mission, she and her teammates Sumo and Kamikaze were sent to Madripoor in order to oversee the distribution of a drug designed to contaminate the world's water supply. She was opposed in this mission by the New Mutants led by Cable, Sunfire and Wolverine.
When the X-Men and X-Factor teamed up to bring down the MLF, they fought in Dust Bowl, Arkansas. Dragoness managed to lure Cannonball in close and disable him, but she fell when confronted by Storm, Polaris, and Rogue together.
Following the apparent death of Stryfe, the MLF continued under various leaders without Dragoness. She reappeared when the MLF came under the leadership of Wildside, with whom Kurtz had a romantic involvement. She was eventually captured while opposing Operation: Zero Tolerance and placed in the custody of S.H.I.E.L.D..
As far, she has displayed the following powers:
- Bio-Electricity Generation: Able to generate and store bio-electricity, which can either be released as:
- Electric Blasts
- Pyrotechnic flares
Formerly possessed a pair of bionic wings.
Flight using her bionic wings, teleportation by Zero, various MLF vehicles.
- 22 Appearances of Tamara Kurtz (Earth-616)
- Media Tamara Kurtz (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 9 Images featuring Tamara Kurtz (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Tamara Kurtz (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Tamara Kurtz (Earth-616)
- uncannyxmen.net Character Profiles: Dragoness
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ New Mutants #93
- ↑ X-Factor #86
- ↑ X-Force #67-68
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 X-Men: The 198 Files #1
- ↑ X-Men: Legacy #226
- ↑ Nation X #1
- ↑ X-Force #67: MLF members Moonstar, Dragoness, Forearm, Locus, Tempo and Wildside were stated to include Alpha Class Mutants. It is unknown if all or part of them were included in the statement, or if it was even a true statement and not a pretext for Operation: Zero Tolerance to step in.
|Like this? Let us know!|