Is it just me or does the lines at the donut shop about Tony not wamting a part in the Initatve in IM2 indicate that both iron man films take place before Incredible Hulk? Realised that tony's part in hulk was as a part of the avengers makes a bit of a Time dispute.
- The bulk of Iron Man 2 has been confirmed to take place prior to Incredible Hulk, with the tail end taking place towards the beginning of Incredible Hulk. In fact, while he and Fury are talking at the end, you see a brief scene FROM Incredible Hulk on one of the monitors, and you see several other nods to it occurring at that time on those screens.
- --GrnMarvl14 15:47, October 27, 2010 (UTC)
Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but why is this Universe called "Earth-199999?" Where did anyone get that name? Sorryaboutthatchief 23:26, June 2, 2010 (UTC)
EDIT: Okay, now I've looked around the site a bit, I see that all realities are named like this. But, um, why? What's it mean? Sorryaboutthatchief 23:30, June 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Universes have, mostly, been revealed in Official Handbooks published by Marvel. The last listing included a link to a site run by the guys who maintain the Handbooks that's updated somewhat frequently and gives us any not listed in Handbooks. This particular one was listed one of the hardcover collections of Handbook entries (I forget which one. 4, maybe. Don't quite feel like looking for the exact one).
- --GrnMarvl14 02:05, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
Alright, thanks. Sorryaboutthatchief 02:55, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
Why are all the other films in other universes than Iron Man/Iron Man 2, and The Incredible Hulk? T-888 19:51, May 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Many of them don't fit in well with the histories established in those films. And in some instances, they're set in different universes in case future films open up contradictions. Similar events might be occurring in each universe, but by separating the films, you lessen the risk of future events in one film (which, for the most part, are made by different studios with different directors and screenwriters and little mind towards what's occurred in other movies) completely throwing off events established in another film.
- --GrnMarvl14 20:52, May 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Or to put it simpler, it's because Marvel says so. Chris3123 03:38, May 19, 2010 (UTC)
I believe with the new Spider-Man and X-Men films they are slowly beuilding in to one film universe. That is at least what Stan Lee has said onece.....T-888 18:31, May 18, 2010 (UTC)
- The Marvel Cinematic Universe movies include those typically filmed under the Marvel Studios banner starting with Iron Man. Sony and 20th Century Fox currently have the rights for production of Spider-Man and X-Men films respectively and therefore cannot have interation with the Marvel Cinematic Universe. --Redknight 18:10, May 18, 2012 (UTC)
I believe that viva las vegas isn't considered part of the film universe since it was probably cancelled and the writers once said that the comic wouldn't be set in any other specific universe besides its oun, i think that Iron Man 2: Public identity, the iron man 2 video game and that Iron Man/Hulk/Nick Fury one shot should be added too as they're supposed to be set in the cinematic universe The preceding unsigned comment was added by Adriano1995 (talk • contribs).
- The VLV comic was originally designed to be part of the Iron Man movie series. Unless there are specific facts in it or the films which contradict each other, there's no real reason to separate them.
- Those others sound like they should be in the same universe as well.
- — Nathan (Peteparker) (Earth-1218) (talk • contribs • email) 18:55, February 24, 2011 (UTC)
There has got to be a better way to organize this. I don't mind putting everything in chronological order, but having headers that switch back and forth between Hulk and Iron Man is off putting and makes the article look ugly.--Savageland 03:13, May 12, 2011 (UTC)
- I agree. Not to mention that the section headers have been formatted into links to make it even uglier. The tenses are inconsistent too. Personally, anything written under a heading that says "History" should be kept historical, and therefore written in the past tense. -- WarBlade 04:11, May 12, 2011 (UTC)
- I noticed the tenses. There's that too. As is, it's basically three different film plot synopsises put together, which is interesting, and there's probably a place for it somewhere, but I'm not convined it's not what works best for an article about the History of this reality. But I'm not sure where to begin with a rewrite yet.--Savageland 04:39, May 12, 2011 (UTC)
- The more I think about it, the more I feel that the solution is to simply 'zoom out'. The article needs to de-focus from the fiddly details of each movie and just summarise each one in one or two paragraphs. The involved descriptions of events can be left to the individual movies. -- WarBlade 11:35, May 12, 2011 (UTC)
- Now that Captain America is out, the "Shape" of this universe is much more clear. I feel confindent that I can do this history justice. I just have to find the time.--Savageland 20:19, July 22, 2011 (UTC)
- It might be time to revisit this. The page has just had a duplicate Thor plot posted above much of the one already on the page. With Avengers in less than a week and Iron Man 3 about to start filming, maybe now is the time to rethink this mess. :-/ -- WarBlade 06:53, April 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Wow! I hadn't expected a full blown scorched earth policy! :D Good start though. I've picked up the thread and put a history back in. I was loosely aiming for one paragraph per movie, although the S.H.I.E.L.D subplot needed to carve out a bit of its own, as did the early years. -- WarBlade 01:27, May 9, 2012 (UTC)
- Looks good.--MutantMenace 03:11, May 9, 2012 (UTC)
Transformers Movie Crossover
I wonder if they might possibly make a movie which has the Avengers teaming up with the Autobots to defeat the decepticons and the Masters of evil. if such a film is made, perhaps it may take place in an alternate reality where the events of both film series' storylines are interconnected with one another or something.
- Even though Marvel made crossovers on the page, any connection on film is highly improbable. The Marvel Cinematic Universe is put to the screens from Marvel under the Disney banner now. Transformers is Hasbro > Dreamworks > Paramount (I think). So there is really no connection there. A Transformers/G.I. Joe crossover might be a possibility, given the companies involved, but even that is a bit of a longshot. -- WarBlade 22:47, May 22, 2011 (UTC)
Viva Las Vegas
The Marvel appendix lists Viva Las Veas as taking place in Earth-80734. I'll be removing all of the Viva Las Vegas info from this page. --Spencerz 14:04, July 16, 2011 (UTC)
Can you also remove references to Earth-199999 from the "Viva las Vegas" and associated characters (i.e. Elsa Bloodstone) pages as well, seeing as it's been confirmed that there is no connection between the two. Halforc80 11:09, May 29, 2012 (UTC)
I have read from some other Marvel sources that Iron Man takes place in 2010, Iron Man 2/The Incredible Hulk/Thor and the first and last part of Captain America: The first Avenger take place in 2011. Also given this information, the opening to The Incredible Hulk takes place in 2006. This is what I have gathered. T-888 00:23, July 30, 2011 (UTC)
The history section should probably include the Marvel One-shots. As far as I know, there is only one so far, called "the Consultant". It depicts Coulson and another agent discussing about General Ross, and sending someone to talk to him to try and allow him to refuse something about releasing Blonsky. "Someone who will truly annoy him. Someone arrogant and abrasive with an utter distain for authority. Someone who will offend the General to his very core." No prizes for guessing who the consultant actually is... --Professor Kilroy 01:42, August 7, 2011 (UTC)
Future of the MCU
In my opinion I think the MCU's future could be quite promising. we already know there will be a 3rd Iron man film and a second Thor film after the Avengers and Marvel Studios has more projects planned. My guess is that future films of this particular Universe will involve characters like Black Panther, Doctor Strange, namor, Fantastic Four, Daredevil, Punisher, Ant Man & Wasp, Silver Surfer, Iron Fist, S.H.I.E.L.D, Luke Cage, War Machine, and sequels to Captain America and the Incredible Hulk.The Mighty Thor 16:28, August 22, 2011 (UTC)
updating the page and other such things
I was wondering when this page is going to be updated with information from Iron Man 3, Thor: the Dark World, Captain America: the Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, etc. since Marvel themselves have released information about them in interviews and at Comic-Con and other such places. since the information is there and it has OFFICIALLY been confirmed by Marvel since they are the ones who said it the page should be updated (at least in my opinion) to have the new information on it. if you need a list of stuff to add I can help you out with that so on the Villians section you should have The Mandarin, Coldblood, Firepower, and Aldrich Killian because they are all the Villians announced for Iron Man 3, I also think you should update Bucky's to say James Buchanan Barnes/Winter Soldier and then IDK whether you should put him in the Heroes or Villians list since he will act as both in the movie. also you would need to update that Zachary Levi is now Fandral. other things to include would be Dr. Maya Hansen on the other characters list (Iron Man 3), Falcon as a Hero (Captain America: the Winter Soldier), Henry Pym, Scott Lang, and Wasp as Heroes (Ant-Man, will be filming in 2013 I can provide a link for evidence if you want), Star-Lord, Drax the Destroyer, Gamora, Rocket Raccoon, and Groot as heroes (Guardians of the Galaxy), and all the other information that has been announced that I may have forgotten. and it shouldnt be a legal problem or a "we cant do that because its not confirmed evidence" problem since Marvel Themselves have said that this is what is happening and they are the ones who are creating it and making it so it would be stupid to argue against them saying that it is true. so why wait till the movies come out you have the evidence right in front of you, Marvel themselves have confirmed it, and its out there so everyone already knows. so please update the listing and such as soon as possible and if for some strange and unbeknownst reason you cant and it is a LEGITIMATE argument please let me know because like I said you can't pull the "we don't know if thats true or not/it has neither been confirmed nor denied/we have to wait till the movies come out since it the stuff hasnt been confirmed or to make sure that all the evidence is true" crap that I've been getting from every page that I have tried updating from multiple Wiki and Wikipedia sites that contains information provided by the creators themselves but everyone is rude and deletes it even though everyone knows that it is true and that the creators (in this case Marvel) have absolutely 100% confirmed it. so like I asked please update it ASAP unless you have A LEGITIMATE and NOT CRAP answer as to why you cant.Lordofninjas1 (talk) 00:42, July 29, 2012 (UTC)
P.S.I wait to hear your responses
- Ok. That was a lot of text, but I think I can answer most, if not all of that with 3 things:
- The main reason why the info you are talking about is not there is simple: because no one has really gotten around to adding it. However, if you could provide links to some of the stuff you listed, I think it would help in getting stuff updated (I personally haven't heard of half the info you posted, like the Iron Man 3 villians that aren't Mandarin, Wasp appearing in Ant-Man, or Falcon appearing in Cap 2.)
- And, when it comes to Ant-Man, we don't have much listed because it has no release date. Regardless of whether or not Marvel has confirmed it, our site policy is that all non-comic properties (movies, video games, tv shows, etc.) MUST have a mm/dd/yyyy release date before they have articles. This is not a suggestion, but is a rule that all movies must meet.
- Let's hold off on Bucky. It's too early to speculate on the plot and his character arc.
- So again, post some links to where you got your info, and then feel free to add the info in yourself. Since all this info is brand new, providing the links here is a better way to prevent someone from just deleting your additions without cause. --Spencerz (talk) 01:30, July 29, 2012 (UTC)
ok. I can understand why we need to wait on Ant-Man, but I mean why hold off on Bucky? he is the only one that has been Winter Soldier and Winter Soldier is in the Title so it would make absolute sense that he would be Winter Soldier. as for the links I will list them here below I am not very good at adding them on the actual pages themselves and whatever. evidence for the Falcon: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/16/anthony-mackie-cast-as-falcon-in-captain-america-2 Guardians of the Galaxy Cast+ a few other things: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/15/comic-con-marvel-presents-thor-2-cap-2-guardians-and-ant-man Firepower in Iron Man 3: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118054630 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Man_3#cite_note-7 Aldrich Killian Iron Man 3: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118052904 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Man_3#cite_note-7 other Iron Man 3 Villians/other characters: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Man_3#cite_note-7 MCU stuff: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Cinematic_Universe Cap: Winter Soldier Stuff: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Article_Incubator/Captain_America:_The_Winter_Soldier#References
I added some Wikipedia Links because I know that they have the links to the stuff posted in there references section so if you need further clarification the Wikipedia pages should have the links to the information on it. let me know if this is enough information or if you would like me to give you more links because I can find more and whatever if you need me to. anyways thank you for your time and let me know if you need more links or other such things and again I have no Idea how to code or post the links in the references area I am really bad at that I can update the info but you would need to post the links in the references section. anywho thank you and let me know for anything elseLordofninjas1 (talk) 02:51, July 29, 2012 (UTC)
- More thoughts on the matter: People hold off until facts are properly established. You want updates for content that is only in preproduction, but situations can change quite significantly between early pre-release information and what is finally established as canon. To that end something that appears in a concept drawing now might be radically different, or absent, from the final product. And the other problem we face is editors jumping to conclusions, or documenting the assumptions of others. Case in point: Not so long ago some photographs hit the net of a red, white, and blue themed Iron Man armour. People connected one of the character names with that image and suddenly "Iron Patriot" started turning up in places. A few weeks later it was Rhodes wearing the armour and no word on War Machine, while images of the Mark II with no War Machine mods have also appeared online. Where's the truth? It's not like we can document any of it accurately yet because we have quite a lot of conjecture to work with.
- And Bucky? Earth-199999 is not equal to Earth-616. Just look at Ivan Vanko (Whiplash). It's better to document complete lore than to assume. -- WarBlade (talk) 09:34, July 29, 2012 (UTC)
yeah I can understand that well most of it. the only reason I say Bucky will be Winter Soldier is because they are getting the same actor to play both and so it would make the most sense (they do mostly stick to the 616 story with some differences but it also has a lot of similarities) as for things that have already been confirmed (mostly since Iron Man 3 is basically half way done with filming according to Directors and Marvel) we should at least put the established information from there on this page (it has been confirmed that Mandarin is in the movie people have seen pics and such and even the Directors and Marvel have said that he is in there) there are a couple scenes of him in the Iron Man 3 footage that they presented at Comic-Con 2012. it has also been confirmed by the directors and Marvel that it will be the Extremis Story so that automatically makes Aldrich Killian in the movie since he created it and such (along with any of his other people that work with him) as for the "Iron Patriot" armor you mentioned earlier just find a picture of it and put it up on the War Machine 199999 page since its been confirmed to be War Machine. Thor the Dark World is filming next month so we can get a lot more from that although they have said that Zachary Levi will be Fandral in Dark World so we need to put something mentioning that on the Fandral 199999 page. while Cap: Winter Soldier may not be filming for a while they have confirmed (by the title alone) that Winter Soldier will be in the movie so we should at least make something for Winter Soldier 199999 (not necisarilly on Buckys page but at least put something saying that it will likely be him although it is not confirmed or denied) and Falcon has also been absolutely been confirmed the Actor may change but I am assuming that Marvel will keep him in there no matter what. and finally as for Guardians of the Galaxy they have announced the cast at Comic-Con 2012 and I dont think they will change the character list in it so Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Gamora, Star-Lord, and Drax 199999 needs to exist. again the actors may change for them but they have absolutely confirmed that these are the ones they are working with. I can understand why there is no information on here as of yet for Ant-Man because all we basically have is some demo images and test footage that Comic-Con for whatever reason refuses to release to the public (I have sent them an email about it and they havent replied) and while its been rumored (although very likely as it was spawned from something the writer had said) that Hank Pym and Scott Lang will both be in the movie (and a rumored end credits scene where Ant-Man confronts Radioactive Man at the end of Iron Man 3) it has neither been confirmed nor denied (although as I said it would likely be true to at least have Hank Pym in it as a backstory type thing and that will most likely make the Wasp able to be in there as well) as for now though I can understand why nothing for the Ant-Man movie has been said yet (it doesnt even start filming till next year according to the director/writers twitter). also for other rumored things (such as a Dr. Strange or Black Panther Movie) you should put something in the Trivia or notes page for it at least saying that while nothing has happened with them or that they are in production hell that Marvel has confirmed that they will be in the MCU if they were to ever get made or something like that. so yeah I think you understand what I am saying if all else fails at least put in the Iron Man 3 info (since it is half way done with filming well actually more now but still) and that Zachary Levi will be Fandral. that way we have the confirmed things that have no debate about them whatsoever posted onto here. I again wait a response.Lordofninjas1 (talk) 17:11, July 29, 2012 (UTC)
- That's a lot of text. Paragraphs are a lot easier on the eyes. I think Warblade pretty much summed it up. It's a lot easier to wait until the films are released. It helps avoid mistakes and not everyone wants to be spoiled. Also, I haven't heard it confirmed that the same actor will be returning for the role of Bucky, or if Bucky is the Winter Soldier in this continuity. The could be going in a different direction for all we know. The argument can be made that nothing is actually official until the films are finally released, as that is the point when these characters and ideas are finally shared with the public.--MutantMenace (talk) 20:46, July 29, 2012 (UTC)
well I think people who go on the page already know about most of the stuff anyways I mean they watch tv and videos and whatever so they are bound to know something about it so it isnt really spoilers. it hasnt been confirmed confirmed that the same actor will be coming back as bucky but it is highly likely as marvel has said and whatever. even if it turns out that Bucky isnt Winter Soldier in this continuity someone should still make a Winter Soldier Page since its known that he is in the continuity then just send it to the Bucky page if it turns out to be true not too much trouble. and not really things can be official without the movies being released. Marvel the CREATORS of the thing can confirm it without there needing to be a document or a movie out. if they say a character is in a movie or if they say something happens in a movie it happens. Iron Man 3 is for sure because its already filming so at least have the information from that since it is near impossible and improbable that Iron Man 3 is going to change as it is at least 3/4 of the way done filming by now. the people already know the info so its not spoilers. if the creators confirm it its going to be true. and why is all the Wiki and Wikipedia pages so against change and whatever even though the change is TRUE and the Creators even say so. it seems like none of them want to give info that everyone knows unless they can see it in the ONE specific way that they are made to otherwise it cant possibly be true even if the creators did say something about it.Lordofninjas1 (talk) 21:38, July 31, 2012 (UTC)
- Wiki's don't thrive on "highly likely" content. They exist to document absolute certainties. -- WarBlade (talk) 00:50, August 1, 2012 (UTC)
You say stuff should be added because creators say it is true. And while that's a good thought, I'd like to point out that numerous movies have been "confirmed" but are still not made. To name a few:
- Spider-Man 4
- Spider-Man 5
- Venom spin-off
- Fantastic Four 3
- Silver Surfer spin-off
- Fantastic Four reboot
- Dardevil sequel
- Daredevil reboot
- Punisher sequel
- Punisher: War Zone sequel
- a third Punisher reboot
- a Hulk 2003 sequel
- Blade 4
- Black Panther
- Dr. Strange
- The Inhumans
- The New Mutants
- The Runaways
- X-Men 4
- X-Men Origins: Magneto
- Deadpool spin-off
- a Rogue movie
- a Storm movie
- a Gambit movie
- a Nightcrawler movie
- a spin-off trilogy for Hannibal King from Blade
The list goes on and on, but my point is that saying something is true doesn't make it true. And editors here have learned that until there's no need to run and add info until it's solid and proven. --Spencerz (talk) 03:06, August 1, 2012 (UTC)
well your argument is somewhat invalid as they have confirmed that some of those are BEING WORKED ON!!! doesnt mean that they are ever going to be published but that they are being worked on. I am saying things like Iron Man 3 or Thor: Dark World or such where its so far into it that any information we have about it is true. I have heard that some of those are also THOUGHTS that Marvel has had but nothing has been done with it. you are misinterpreting and bending things to the way you want so you can make your argument. to make things easier on you to understand the things like Black Panther and Dr. Strange Marvel has people WORKING on them but its too soon to determine if anything will happen with them while Iron Man 3 and such are already being filmed and characters determined and all those such things so those are totally proven as true. as for other things as I mentioned earlier they are or were THOUGHTS that Marvel has had or rumored to have but not confirmed. again Iron Man 3 and such have been OFFICIALLY confirmed and have everything set up for them to where anything that is said about them by Marvel is true as they are the creators. so yeah a lot of them are so far into being made that if the creators say something it has to be true no matter what as they are creating it and have first hand knowledge of what is happening with it. and they arent going to change there minds now as they probably have all this planned out months or even years in advance. proof of that is in the first Iron Man they mention the Avengers Initiative meaning that they had the Avengers movies planned for years and already knew what they wanted to do and how they were going to do it. how do you know that they have not done the same thing with these. and in conclusion if those movies are being worked on or have been cancelled or whatever Marvel has been very good at letting us know so I dont think they will leave us in the dark about this or lie to us. Lordofninjas1 (talk) 21:42, August 1, 2012 (UTC)
- For a movie to be confirmed it must be confirmed, some of them are just "ideas" floating in the air, and most of the ones you named are just impossible. One thing is saying "We are looking forward to make an Squirrel Girl movie" and another thing is "We are going to make an Squirrel Girl movie. It even has screenplay, director and possible date!".
- ADour, the ADour-tacular ADour (talk) 22:11, August 1, 2012 (UTC)
thats some of what I was arguing Adour. if you were talking to me please let me know otherwise please make it clear as to who you were directing it to. Iron Man 3 and such is confirmed as it is almost completely done filming (due to the fact that Marvel said that they were more than half way done filming it at Comic-Con 2012) so those are Confirmed as is Thor: the Dark World and Cap: the Winter Soldier. Ant-Man has everything but a date but as I said in a previous comment I can understand and wait for the date. so please let me know if you were talking to me or someone else cause it seems to me like you could be arguing to the comment before mine.Lordofninjas1 (talk) 22:32, August 1, 2012 (UTC)
- No, I'm replying to some of your previous comments
doesnt seem like you were. anyways to make your argument invalid Iron Man 3 almost done filming (obviously has a screenplay if its in filming) the Screenplay is written by Shane Black who is also directing it and its release date is May 3, 2013. Thor the Dark World about to go into filming (obviously has a screenplay as well) Screenplay written by Don Payne and Robert Rodat, Director is Alan Taylor and release date is November 8, 2013. Captain America: the Winter Soldier still in Pre Production but has a Screenplay written by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, Directed by the Russo brothers and release date is April 4,2014. Guardians has a release date and Kevin Feige is working on it. Ant-Man I havent been arguing about with you guys I have been saying I agree that we should wait till a release date then we can start making stuff for it. there I think I rendered your argument invalid.Lordofninjas1 (talk) 22:52, August 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, but they were (as I said previously) confirmed by the producer, not a speculater idea. There I think I rendered your argument invalid. Sorry for replying later, I didn't care enough about your stubborn wrong opinion.
Character and Location lists
The lists of characters and locations are getting quite long now. I propose that they be boxed into two collapsible boxes. That way they'll be visible on a line each, and can be expanded to full lists with a click. Any other thoughts on the matter? -- WarBlade (talk) 23:22, November 10, 2012 (UTC)
I'm still keen on seeing the ever-growing list squashed down a bit. One way or another. There's also the option of ditching the entire lot and just having a few links to the various articles holding the same content in more concise lists. -- WarBlade (talk) 00:07, May 21, 2013 (UTC)
- The lists will grow as the MCU expands, but as long as the information is divided into smaller units there shouldn't be much of a problem with it. At least that was my reasoning for dividing the list of characters by organizations as opposed to alignment.
- I'd table the discussion until Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. comes out at the start of the fall television season.
- LoveWaffle (talk) 00:27, May 21, 2013 (UTC)
Marvel Avengers Battle for Earth is in Earth-199999
Dont u think that avengers battle for earth is in the same universe as it was released as the avengers game? --marvelboy
- No, that doesn't really mean something, the game was mostly using the popularity of the movie to promote itself. Aside from that, the game uses concept from the comics, like the characters (there are many which aren't from the Marvel Cinematic Universe such as Spider-Man, Storm, the Fantastic Four, Doctor Doom, Venom).
Is the information under the trivia section notable? I know it's odd to question the notability of trivia, but the information in that section doesn't seem like it's trivia.
LoveWaffle (talk) 14:54, March 5, 2013 (UTC)
Articles that Need Help
I have noticed that some articles related to this universe need additions to the History section, such as Heroes and Villains. I would like to take the opportunity to improve some of these articles myself. I own all the MCU films that have been released on home media and can add info that needs to be added. Matt Seay (talk) 18:00, April 27, 2013 (UTC)
Stark Industries Motorbikes found on Amazing Spider-Man 2 set
There was a news story that showed pictures of a motor bike with the Stark Industries logo, the one from the MCU on it, on the set of The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Here is a link.http://io9.com/stark-industries-motorcycle-spotted-on-the-amazing-spid-483774887 Matt Seay (talk) 15:46, May 9, 2013 (UTC)
- It's been already reported that motorcycle had nothing to do with the filming, it just belongs to a neighbor. Here.
Oh well that debunks the rumors that it will connect to the MCU, for now anyway. Seeing as they have tried before with almost having the Oscorp Building in The Avengers it does seem likely that they will try again. But if some more news like this pops up I will be sure to report it. Matt Seay (talk) 16:54, May 10, 2013 (UTC)
I am not sure if this applies but In the case of Bruno Horgan (Earth-199999) he has shown up twice in Earth-199999 once in the Iron Man game and another in Iron Man: The Coming of the Melter #1 to my knowledge it causes no conflicts as I haven't played the game. It got me thinking especially after a conversation on the Talk:Ten Rings (Earth-199999) Page what do we do in conflicts or perceived conflicts?Madinfernos (talk) 03:55, May 14, 2013 (UTC)
- The tie-in comics and games are apocryphal, and should be taken with a grain of salt. The one that sticks in my mind is the image of the Iron Patriot armour throwing a Hammer tank into the sea. That strength level is a far cry from the Iron Man Mark III (which struggled with a car) and is comparable to the heavy lifting suit (which is purpose built for extreme loads), yet the Iron Patriot is much smaller. So what to do in simplest terms:
MOVIE > TIE-IN
- What WarBlade said is right. The staff position on this is that the primary medium for a universe, which in Earth-199999's case is the theatrically released films, trumps everything else that ties-in to the universe; tie-ins are, for the purposes of the argument, are "semi-canon". If they are not in conflict with the established canon of the main medium (the films) than they can have a mention on a character's page; in the specific case of Bruno Hogan that you mentioned, he can have both his history from the comic and game on his page, as they don't conflict with anything in the movies (since he isn't in them). But, if an Iron Man game was to, say, tell us that the Mandarin is a one-armed Somalian janitor at Oscorp, we would ignore that as it contradicts the info given in to us in the primary medium. --Spencerz (talk) 04:36, May 14, 2013 (UTC)
Avengers: Age Of Ultron Logo
why aren't the x-men films listed in this or others (like fantastic four, blade, daredevil etc) although I kinda have an idea that this earth maybe revolving only around avengers and its heroes and villains. anyway, the x-men are also getting new movies and spider man also and I'm just confused on why its not included in this earth? The preceding unsigned comment was added by Wiifanofnintendo (talk • contribs).
- They are all a part of different realities. The Avengers, and all the tie-in films (Iron Man, Thor, Cap'n America, Hulk, Ant-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy) are Earth-199999, the X-Men films are a part of Earth-10005, and the Spider-Man reboot series is part of Earth-120703. To be honest, most film series outside of the Avengers series are a part of their own realities. --Spencerz (talk) 06:37, August 19, 2013 (UTC)
This page refers to S.H.I.E.L.D. multiple times as being multi-national. Where does that info come from? It conflicts with the Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement Logistics Division (Earth-199999) page and everything I've seen in the movies and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. show. My understanding is the Earth-199999 version of S.H.I.E.L.D. is purely a US agency at this point-hence the "Homeland" part. (Side note: I wouldn't be surprised if this later became "Homeworld", especially after Guardians, but at this point it's definitely "Homeland".) --Shockthetoast (talk) 23:20, October 16, 2013 (UTC)
- I think the wording is a little misleading. S.H.I.E.L.D. is based in the US, yes, but I think the "multinational" bit refers to the fact that their base of operations seems to know no national boundaries/borders. --Spencerz (talk) 01:10, October 17, 2013 (UTC)
Logos in Infobox picture
There has to be a better way to organize the picture in the info box, if we just keep adding logos each time a new movie is announced then the picture will just keep getting longer and longer, can we not separate the logos into section in one picture by "Phases"? that might make things look better and how does the Agents of SHIELD show be placed in there? Matt Seay (talk) 01:24, November 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Thing is, we don't just a new logo square for each new movie. Each time a new logo makes it out to the public, some user will find a collage of all the images together, and upload it to update the logo. I'd very much prefer a logo that simply says Marvel Cinematic Universe (or some other umbrella logo) instead of the massive logo we have now. --Spencerz (talk) 01:40, November 9, 2013 (UTC)
I think Marvel needs to release a MCU logo for the whole universe, I did see a banner like this with the Agents of SHIELD logo with it too. I was just wondering because unless something is done quick before phase three movies are announced then it will just keep getting longer and taking up space. Matt Seay (talk) 20:42, November 11, 2013 (UTC)
Here is a logo that has been use for the Universe on some things, it comes from Marvel Studios: Assembling a Universe. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Cinematic_Universe#mediaviewer/File:Marvel_Cinematic_Universe_logo.png Matt Seay (talk) 05:19, June 24, 2014 (UTC)
Guardians of the Galaxy
- Of course. It would do it, as I feel any user who watched the movie has the responsability to do it, but I still haven't watched it.
- I heard really good things about it. Hopefully I'll be able to watch it this week.
Sony and Marvel are teaming up to produce a Spider-Man reboot that will be in the MCU. Spider-Man will appear in an MCU film and then both studios are going to produce a new stand alone Spider-Man film in this continuity. Skywalker2255 (talk) 20:41, February 11, 2015 (UTC)
I was just wanting to ask, is it too early to add anything regarding the reboot to this article. Seeing as there is a release date for the new Spidey movie. Skywalker2255 (talk) 20:49, February 11, 2015 (UTC)
- What exactly would you like to add? We know a date, and that's it. Nothing about the story, the character, the actor. There's pretty much nothing to add. --Spencerz (talk) 21:03, February 11, 2015 (UTC)
- Spider-Man's film is already listed in the article with the other Phase 3 films under the Notes section. It won't be getting an article of its own until it has an official title. --Spencerz (talk) 21:22, February 11, 2015 (UTC)
- He hasn't been introduced in the universe yet, so no. Another example: It has also been confirmed that Carol Danvers will be Captain Marvel in the upcoming movie, but she hasn't been physically introduced to the universe yet, so you don't see editors adding her to the list. Just wait until he is introduced. Hulkophile (talk) 10:10, March 26, 2015 (UTC)
I made a slight change to the opening wording where someone had written that the MCU has "all" the features of our reality, followed by citing specifically countries and personalities. I added the phase "as far as we know" because so long as future MCU-based stories have yet to be told, whether on TV or on screen, we don't know yet whether a fictional country might be introduced (in fact hasn't one already been mentioned in AoS? I can't remember) or some other fundamental difference. Using absolute phrases like "all" is always a bit risky when it comes to a storyline that hasn't been completed yet. 23skidoo (talk) 22:59, April 11, 2015 (UTC)
- Sokovia and Wakanda are both fictional, so it's pretty clear at this point that "all" is inappropriate. Commentary like "as far as we know" detracts from the article as well - wiki articles work better on just stating what is known. -- WarBlade (talk) 09:33, April 12, 2015 (UTC)
MCU and Incursions
Should this page include a description of the relation between the MCU and the incursions destroying the Marvel multiverse? Has Marvel even explained how this is supposed to work? Valaraukarsbane (talk) 20:02, July 6, 2015 (UTC)
- Considering the Multiverse will apparently return when Secret Wars ends, maybe this universe did get destroyed but will come back with others like Earth-65.
Peter Parker (Earth-199999) article suggestion - December 2015
I was wondering if we should create an article for Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Ant-Man director Peyton Reed confirmed (proof - ) that a quote in Ant-Man by Luis was indeed a reference to Spider-Man.
The policy is no article until the character shows up on screen. Spider-Man has been listed numerous times as a resident of Earth-199999 but is always removed. --Revan's Exile (talk) 03:24, December 24, 2015 (UTC)
I restructured the characters section to look like it did back in 2013, right after the release of Iron Man 3. Since then, we've had five more movies, two more short films, and almost 100 episodes of television spread across four series, and it shows no sign of slowing down. The section's become unwieldy, and the slows down how much time it takes the page to load. At this point, I think a simple redirect to the category for the universe's characters would suffice. If anyone has any suggestions for a much smaller version of the section, I'm open to ideas. But as of now, a list of every single character in this universe is unnecessary for this page.
- LoveWaffle (talk) 05:41, March 9, 2016 (UTC)
I think the wiki should add a timeline for the cinematic univetse because Homecoming has made the timeline confusing even for the hardcore fans. I think it would be useful for those if casuals wanna check it out (if one is not on here already) Meshack (talk) 11:04, July 11, 2017 (UTC)
- The trouble there is that we don't have definitive information plotting out exactly when everything happens. We've been able to determine a rough sequence, but unless Marvel themselves produce data on this subject, we'd be publishing quite a few assumptions. -- WarBlade (talk) 12:12, July 11, 2017 (UTC)
The Defenders information
I added information summarizing the events of The Defneders, but Nurdboy42 deleted said information without any explanation. Please restore ASAP. Show has already been out for a month. Thanks.Dibol (talk) 09:44, September 21, 2017 (UTC)