- I can't stand it Ant-Man... Help! Help me before I go screaming mad!
- -- The Wasp
Appearing in "Music to Scream By"Edit
Synopsis for "Music to Scream By"Edit
After preventing international criminal Ramond Theis from stealing the diamond known as "The Star of Ghama", the grateful owner tells Ant-Man and Wasp a tale from his native India about a man named Ghazandi who's music could hypnotize people and that his only weakness is playing the wrong note and be subject to hypnosis himself.
On their way back home, Ant-Man and Wasp fly past a club where musician Trago is featured playing Jazz. The Wasp convinces Ant-Man to go back there with her in their civilian guises of Henry Pym and Janet Van Dyne. After the show they happen to witness Trago robbing the club owner's cash box. Donning their identities of Ant-Man and the Wasp, the two heroes easily stop Trago and return the money. The club owner decides not to call the police if Trago promises to return to his native India, Trago complies.
Two months later, in India, Trago manages to find the home of Ghazandi. Recalling the stories of Ghazandi's musical powers he manages to convince the aged wise man to teach him how to play hypnotic music. Many months later Trago returns to the United States and begins performing in clubs again.
Successfully using his hypnotic music to enthrall people, Trago manages to get himself into a radio station where he broadcasts his hypnotic music all over the city. There he calls on the people to try and find Ant-Man and Wasp, who are also affected and stunned by the music. Ant-Man's ants carry the two heroes deep into an ant-hill in an attempt to shield them from the music. Realizing his current plan isn't working, Trago commands local snakes to start searching for Ant-Man and Wasp.
In the ant-hill, the duo are attacked by a snake and use their shrinking gas on it, but not before Ant-Man's faithful ant Korr sacrifices it's life to save him. Traveling to the radio station, Ant-Man gets inside Trago's trumpet, and while his ants distract Trago he bends part of the instrument out of shape. This causes the next note to effect Trago instead of his audience, causing him to forget his criminal intentions and become a legitimate musician. Ant-Man and Wasp decide to let Trago go because he had not committed any real crime.
We end with Hank and Janet both listening to Trago, as he now has no memory of the incidents. Hank is still saddened by the loss of his ant, Korr, so Jan and him both walk home together.
Appearing in "The Disappearance"Edit
- Jasper Milty
- Tom Milty
Synopsis for "The Disappearance"Edit
A Two Page Text Piece
Appearing in "The Smiling Gods"Edit
Synopsis for "The Smiling Gods"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "Target... Earth!"Edit
- Klangians from the planet "Klang"
Synopsis for "Target... Earth!"Edit
An alien lands on Earth with the intent of sizing up possible resistance to an invasion force. If the scout does not return within 48 hours, plans for the invasion will be called off. The scout finds the humans puny as potential warriors and is able to lift locomotives off the ground. He laughs as he thinks this will be the easiest conquest ever and heads back to his ship where he finds that it has sunk out of sight in the bog.
- Ant-Man story (Story I) is Job# X-353 and is 13 pages long.
- Story II is a two page text story, "The Disappearance". It begins between pages 5 and 6 with the second page appearing between Stories I and III.
- Story III, "The Smiling Gods", is Job #X-354
- Story IV, "Target... Earth!", is Job X-355
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Tales to Astonish Vol 1 47 on the forums
- Images from Tales to Astonish Vol 1 47
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
- ↑ The first story is reprinted in the following comics/TPB's:
- Essential Series Vol 1 Ant-Man 1
- Marvel Masterworks Ant-Man / Giant-Man #1
- Epic Collection Vol 1 Ant-Man/Giant Man 1
|Like this? Let us know!|