- I am bored...! Nothing has happened in the last two weeks! What good are two crime-smashers with no crime to smash!!
- -- The Wasp
Appearing in "...When Cyclops Walks the Earth"Edit
- Cyclops (A-Chiltarian Robot) (Only appearance)
- A-Chiltarians (First appearance)
- Ant-Man's Suit
- Ant-Man's Helmet
- Wasp's Suit
- Enlarging and Reducing Gases
- Ant-Man's Catapult
Synopsis for "...When Cyclops Walks the Earth"Edit
With a lull in crime, Henry Pym and Janet Van Dyne decide to take a vacation. Traveling to Greece, they hear stories of a giant monster that has been reported to be stealing ships from sea, which makes them unable to get someone to take them to the island. However, one man later lends them one. Renting a boat and assuming their guises of Ant-Man and the Wasp, the two heroes seek to solve the mystery of this apparent sea monster.
While out at sea, they are attacked by what appears to be a Cyclops of Greek myth. Shrinking down to ant-size so as not to be noticed by the giant creature, the heroes allow the monster to capture their boat. The monster brings them to an island where they find all the missing people are being held captive by the monster Cyclops.
While exploring the island, they discover that aliens are plotting to take over the Earth (believe it or not), and that they've captured the fishermen and sailors in order to study them. They too learn that the cyclops is actually a robot the aliens created to capture their specimens. The aliens, known as A-Chiltarians, surmise that the Human race is inferior to themselves and, thus easy prey for global conquest. The invaders order the Cyclops to destroy the Humans on the island.
Ant-Man sends the Wasp to free the sailors while he tries to find a way to stop the Cyclops. Entering into its mechanisms through the robot's mouth, Ant-Man realises that he can control the Cyclops by adjusting the frequency of his helmet. He then uses the Cyclops to free the sailors, and scare away the aliens, leaving them to believe that Humans are more powerful than they had originally posited.
With the aliens defeated, and the sailors free, Ant-Man commands the Cyclops to walk to the bottom of the ocean to be lost at sea forever. Ant-Man and Wasp return to the mainland where they enjoy their vacation for a few days before returning home.
Appearing in "The Secret of the Swamp!"Edit
- Appearances not yet listed
Synopsis for "The Secret of the Swamp!"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "The Most Dangerous Weapon!"Edit
- Appearances not yet listed
Synopsis for "The Most Dangerous Weapon!"Edit
In the year 2050 only one weapon remains on display in a museum as a reminder of the violent past. A man with criminal intent plots to steal it and use it to make himself dictator. He steals the gun and threatens to fire it in order to get his way, but his intended victim asks him to let him explain why he should not do so. The criminal refuses to listen and pulls the trigger, disintegrating himself. "Did he really not think we would leave such a weapon unguarded? It is indeed the world's most dangerous weapon, but only to the one who tries to use it."
- The plot to this issue is similar to those of Tales of Suspense#40, Tales to Astonish#58 and X-Men#40.
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
- ↑ The first story is reprinted in the following comics/TPB's:
- Essential Series Vol 1 Ant-Man 1
- Marvel Masterworks Ant-Man / Giant-Man #1
- Epic Collection Vol 1 Ant-Man/Giant Man 1
|Like this? Let us know!|