- Boy, will this give'em something to talk about when they get together at their next peace through strength rally!
- -- Iron Man
Appearing in "Within the Vastness of Viet Nam!"Edit
- Iron Man Armor MK IV
- Half-Face's robot dogs (First appearance)
- Half-Face's solar-energy destructo-ray (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Within the Vastness of Viet Nam!"Edit
Iron Man travels out to Viet Nam under the impression that he is to help the US Military test out bullets which chase their targets, however he learns that the military is seeking his aid with something else entirely. Iron Man has been asked to help the military deal with the Communist's newest scientist: Half-Face, who is holed up in a castle not far from their position.
Iron Man flies to the castle, defeating all the Viet Cong soldiers, and the traps of Half-Face along the way. Inside the castle he has to fight his way through a small army of robots, but once defeated he enters into Half-Face's lab where he has just succeeded in finishing his latest project... This story is continued next issue.
Appearing in "Before My Eyes, Nick Fury Died!"Edit
- Agent 13
- unnamed Unnamed SHIELD Agents
Synopsis for "Before My Eyes, Nick Fury Died!"Edit
After returning from a mission with SHIELD, Captain America (in his civilian guise of Steve Rogers) reports back with the Avengers back at Avengers Mansion. While this is happening deep in the ocean aboard a secret AIM submarine, Agent 13 is attempting to prove to the members of AIM that she is loyal to them and that their target will be at a designated barbershop for them to assassinate.
Meanwhile, Steve Rogers is on his way back to Avengers Mansion on foot, lost in his thoughts when he notices an AIM android springing to life and attacking Nick Fury at a nearby barber shop. Fearing the worst, Steve changes into Captain America and stops the android from killing Nick. Defeating it, the creature dissolves leaving no trace behind.
Afterward, Fury scolds Cap for getting involved because the attack on Fury was all part of a SHIELD ruse to get a hold of one of AIM's robots. Now fearing that Agent 13's cover has been blown, Fury tells Cap that somebody is going to have to free her from AIM's clutches... This story is continued next issue.
- This issue contains a letters page, Mails of Suspense. Letters are published from Tony Isabella, Dana Anderson, and Joyce Gregorian.
- The Iron Man story is reprinted in Essential Iron Man #2
- The Captain America story is reprinted in Essential Captain America #1 and Marvel Double Feature #16.
- A much mentioned typo takes place in the Captain America story. The Captain tells the Mecho-Assassin, "Only one of us is gonna walk out of here -- under his own steam -- AND IT WON'T BE ME!".
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|