- If I know my women, and nobody knows them better than Tony Stark, the Black Widow must be impatient to strike by now! And whatever she does... She'll find Iron Man ready for her this time!
- -- Iron Man
Appearing in "The Black Widow Strikes Again!"Edit
- Iron Man (Tony Stark) (Flashback and main story)
- Nikita Khrushchev
- Black Widow (Natasha) (Flashback and main story)
- Crimson Dynamo (Boris) (Only in flashback)
- Igor (First appearance)
- Stansky (Only Appearance)
- United States of America (Flashback and main story)
- New York State (Flashback and main story)
- Washington, D.C.
- Soviet Union
- Tony Stark's Anti-Gravity device (First appearance)
- Iron Man's Briefcase
- Iron Man Armor Model 2 (Flashback and main story)
- Crimson Dynamo Armor MK I (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "The Black Widow Strikes Again!"Edit
After months of working on an anti-gravity device to no avail, Tony Stark decides to arrage its circuit at random out of exasperation, causing the machine to miraculously work. The device causes a gizmo to float above Stark's head, and Happy Hogan saves him from being crushed by its fall. As a result of being caught off-guard by Happy's rescue, Tony had dropped the anti-grav device, causing its wires to fuse. While it still worked, he wouldn't be able to analyze its make-up to recreate it.
The following day, Stark test the device in the Pentagon. A reporter that had gotten in the restricted area managed to get a scoop, and the existence of the anti-grav device is reported by a diary. Said news arrive to the USSR, and Nikita Khrushchev states stealing said weapon would have been a perfect job for the Black Widow, only if he could find her following the frustration of her latest mission at the hands of Iron Man. However, the Black Widow, who was still hiding in America, acquired the information on the device by herself, and planned to steal it in order to get back in the USSR's good graces. She writes a letter to Tony Stark, hoping to reconcile with him.
A day later, Tony arranges a date with Madame Natasha. The genius inventor seemingly falls for Natasha's charm, and decides to show her the anti-grav device. After a little demonstration, Natasha uses a paralysing gas on Tony, and runs away with the anti-gravity machine. After being found unconcious by Pepper, Tony recovers from the assault and ponders to himself that he had underestimated the Black Widow. He had merely pretended to trust her in order to learn of her plans, but he didn't think she was going to act so fast. Tony proceedes to suit up and go looking for Black Widow as Iron Man, while he recalls his past encounter against her and her late partner Boris.
After using the anti-grav device to steal jewelry, the Black Widow calls to Moscow and asks Khrushchev if she's forgiven. Khrushchev forgives her, and sends his men to track down Black Widow's call in order to help her. Meanwhile in Washington, a senator is intreviewed by the press regarding the theft of Stark's invention, and he states Stark's behavior was borderline criminal negligence, generating negative press about Stark's loyalty to his country.
Back in his lab, Tony gives up on trying to recreate his invention and gets back to looking for the Black Widow. The villainess starts attacking Stark's factories, causing objects to float and destroy the facility. Iron Man returns to his plant and repairs the damage, but the Black Widow has already targeted another facility.
Later that night, the Black Widow is surprised by the arrival of three fellow agents who had been sent to help her. One of them was eager to try Stark's invention, and uses it in a car on the street. The floating car catches Iron Man attention, and the Golden Avenger picks up the car and throws it at the place the anti-grav ray had come from. He easily takes care of Black Widow's fellow agents, but she uses a reverse mechanism in the anti-grav ray to pin him down while she escapes, and then raises the building and lets it fall, crashing Iron Man underneath it. In the time it takes for Iron Man to escape from the rubble, the Black Widow and her agents had travelled to Fort Knox.
She uses the device to lift up an entire mountain, and neutralize the tanks and army forces charging at her. Iron Man arrives and slow the descent of the tanks before moving on to Black Widow. He uses a proton electronic charge that destroyed the output of the ray, rendering the anti-grav device completely useless. With the ray out of action, the mountain begins to fall, and Black Widow takes her chance to escape while Iron Man rescues her fellow agents that were about to be crushed.
Minutes later, Iron Man debriefs two soldiers about the fate of the anti-grav ray, and the two military men thank him for "correcting" Tony Stark's "bumbling mistakes."
Appearing in "The Omen"Edit
- Gamma anti-matter guns
Synopsis for "The Omen"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "The Way it Began"Edit
- Prosilicans (First appearance)
Synopsis for "The Way it Began"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
- Starting with this issue, the cover title of this series becomes "Tales of Suspense Featuring the Power of Iron Man."
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
- This story takes place between the events depicted in Avengers #5.
- The Black Widow last appeared in Tales of Suspense #52 (last issue); She appears next in Tales of Suspense #57.
- Iron Man: Enter the Mandarin Vol 1
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|