- ... I'd enter a thousand traps -- for the slimmest chance of finding Bucky again!
Appearing in "Beyond All Rescue!"Edit
Synopsis for "Beyond All Rescue!"Edit
Continued from last issue... The Mole Man has used a device to cause Stark Industries factory to fall into the ground so that he may capture the atomic powered earth borer which Tony Stark was developing. As Iron Man, Stark attempted to stop the Mole Man who triggered a cave in.
Iron Man survives the cave in to find that Pepper Potts was also in the factory (even though Stark had told her to leave when he was testing the device), they are both attacked by the Mole Man's Moloids. After the Mole Man explains his intentions, Iron Man is able to fight off the Moloids and fly Pepper to safety. There he contacts the US Military to explains what is going on but cautions them to allow him to do things on his own first.
The Mole Man counter attacks, unleashing a creature which is akin to a fire breathing dragon. While Iron Man fights off this beast, the Mole Man kidnaps Pepper and takes her back to the boring device. Iron Man defeats the monster and catches up to them. The Mole Man orders Iron Man to show him how the boring device works in exchange for Peppers life. Iron Man instead instructs the Mole Man how to cause the device to overload with radiation and explode, escaping with Pepper just before it does so, seemingly killing the Mole Man in the process.
Appearing in If Bucky Lives...!"Edit
- Supersonic Cruiser
- Captain America's Shield
- Levitation Ray (First appearance)
Synopsis for If Bucky Lives...!"Edit
At Avengers Mansion, Captain America receives a distress call from somebody who appears to be Bucky, telling Cap that he's a prisoner on Gull Island. As Cap races to the rescue, little does he know that the owner of the high tech base there has just recruited the Swordsman and Power Man to face off against Captain America upon his arrival.
Arriving there, Captain America must then face off against both costumed villains in order to save Bucky's life. Easily defeating them, Captain America next finds himself trapped in an indestructible transparent bubble. Now a helpless prisoner, the Swordsman and Powerman's employer reveals himself to Captain America... This story is continued next issue..
- This issue contains a Statement of Ownership, Management, and Circulation.
- This issue contains a letters page, Mails of Suspense. Letters are pubished from Jimmy DiBiaso, Mark Meuer, and Mike McBride.
- The Swordsman and Power Man previously appeared in Avengers #30. They will appear next in Avengers Annual #1.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Tales of Suspense Vol 1 88 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Tales of Suspense series
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|