Appearing in "When Fall the Mighty!"Edit
Synopsis for "When Fall the Mighty!"Edit
Continued from last issue... Finding himself a fugitive from the law, Iron Man was running low on power when he was attacked by Warlord Krang. After their battle he broke into his own factory in order to effect repairs and recharge himself, however this was interrupted by the arrival of the Sub-Mariner whom has come to destroy the Golden Avenger.
During their fight, Iron Man proves to be at a great disadvantage to the Atlantean monarch and so locks himself in a lab in order to repair his damaged armor and recharge himself. While Namor tries to smash through the door he reflects on why he is out to destroy Iron Man: How he was seeking to get revenge on Warlord Krang and Lady Dorma for their betrayals, and how Iron Man's intervention allowed them to get away from his wrath, he had followed Iron Man to his factory to get revenge.
Iron Man repairs his armor and opens the door to take on Namor, only to find that he is gone. Just then the police, Pepper Potts and Happy Hogan arrive to find out what's happening. There Iron Man tries to explain to the police that he was attacked by the Sub-Mariner.
Meanwhile, Namor had fled because his strength was weakening and so flew to the nearest source of water to replenish his strength. Now at peak strength, Namor once again charges off to get revenge on Iron Man. This story is concluded in Tales to Astonish #82
Appearing in "He Who Holds the Cosmic Cube!"Edit
- AIM deserter
- Keeper of the Cosmic Cube
- New York City
- Red Skull's Unnamed Island
- AIM Jet Fighter
- SHIELD Jet Fighter
Synopsis for "He Who Holds the Cosmic Cube!"Edit
Seeing an airplane explode and it's escape capsule crash into New York harbor, Captain America springs to the rescue to find that the pilot is a member of AIM. On the brink of death, the agent tells Captain America that they had created the Cosmic Cube, and that they were betrayed by the Red Skull.
Meanwhile, we find that the Skull has begun taking control of various key members of AIM with neural devices in order to obtain the Cosmic Cube for his own use. Tracking the Skull to AIM's island base, Cap arrives to late too stop the AIM agent under the Skulls control from handing the Cube over to his arch-foe and granting him the power to change reality.
- This issue contains a letters page, Mails of Suspense. Letters are published from Edward Rippy, Gilbert Mazur, Bill Kirchner, and Richard Cundari.
- Iron Man story is reprinted in Essential Iron Man #2.
- Captain America story is reprinted in Essential Captain America 1, Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty (1979), and Marvel Doubel Feature #4. It is reprinted in trade paperback Captain America: Captain America vs. the Red Skull TPB #1.
- This is the first time Marvel has continued a story from one title into a crossover of a different title. (The Story continues in Tales to Astonish #82.
- In this issue, readers learn that Stark Enterprises (Long Island) is just "a few hundred yards" from Long Island Sound.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Tales of Suspense Vol 1 80 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Tales of Suspense series
- Images from Tales of Suspense Vol 1 80
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|