Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- I see a great and new Wakanda -- the nation of my sons and their sons after them!
- -- T'Chaka src
T'Chaka was the Chieftain of Wakanda, pledged to protect the sacred metal known as Vibranium, and like every chieftain before him. Born the first son to King Azzuri. From an early age he excelled in the ways of the warrior and took a stance of preserving Wakanda's heritage and honoring the "old ways" of Magic despite the technological advancements of his nation. It was during this time that he met Zawavari. After his younger brother S'Yan was born he only grew further into the role of leader and protector.
World War II
In 1941, at the height of World War II, Captain America traveled to Wakanda and encountered Black Panther, the King Azzuri and his son T'Chaka. They worked together with Nick Fury and his Howling Commandos in combat against Baron Strucker and the Red Skull.  They then forced to fight against the Nazi's super soldiers the Master Man, Warrior Woman, and the armless Tiger Man in an all out invasion of Wakanda. Cap squared off with Master Man. Warrior Woman dropped from the sky straddling a Nazi Bomb. She was engaged by the Black Panther who run his plane into her. Meanwhile, Tiger-Man attacked T'Chaka and S'Yan. He quickly subdued T'Chaka and promised to kill him if Wakanda did not surrender. Outmanned and outgunned, Captain America and the Black Panther battle Master Man, Warrior Woman, White Gorilla and the Red Skull. Meanwhile, Gabe Jones had to make a fateful choice: betray the U.S. government of the people of Wakanda.
Cap later returned to Wakanda intrigued about the new Vibranium rumored to be found in the region. Cap eventually earned T'Chaka's trust and respect. As such, the Wakandan king gave Cap a piece of Vibranium. In return Cap gave T'Chaka his triangular shield as a token of his trust.
He wed his first wife N'Yami and they adopted Hunter who they groomed as heir to the throne until his wife bore him his first son biological child T'Challa but his wife died in childbirth. Jakarra was born shortly thereafter and he eventually wed Ramonda who gave him his first and only daughter Shuri.
T'Chaka was kidnapped in the Fall of 1959 by Geoffrey Sydenham and his organization, ICON. This was done in an attempt to weaken the African nation and make it easier for his operatives to pillage the country of its advanced technology. This plot failed, however, as Nick Fury's Avengers defeated ICON's invading force before capturing Sydenham. The U.S. State Department then learned of T'Chaka's whereabouts in exchange for granting Sydenham his freedom. T'Chaka was being held in a castle in Latveria, where he was picked up by Eric Koenig and Dum-Dum Dugan before being safely returned to Wakanda.
As the rest of the world advanced in the use of technology and since Wakanda was independent with no ties to any other nation, their advancements were coveted. During the Bilderberg conference, where occidental leaders try to negotiate Wakanda's ressources including Vibranium, and hired Ulysses Klaw in case of failure. This one was also here as his great-great-great-grandfather had been killed by the Panther during a failed invasion of Wakanda.
The assassin hide for a week under the floor and emerged once there was no doubt any deal was impossible. Killing T'Chaka, he was wounded and forced to retreat by the young T'Challa. He was taken care of him by the Belgian government for over ten years and was experimented on by them. Their intent was to proceed a pre-emptive strike on T'Challa as they were aware that the Black Panther would hunt down those responsible for his father's murder. 
 Upon his death his brother S’yan ruled in his steed until his son T’Challa was old enough to take the throne.It took many years before his son could get revenge on his fathers killer.
As chieftain, the Panther was entitled to eat a special heart-shaped herb that granted him superhumanly acute senses and increased his already formidable strength, speed, stamina, and agility to enhanced human potential.
Superhumanly Acute Senses: T'Chaka can see in total darkness as if it was a clear sunny day, something at over a few hundred feet appears as though it is right in front of his face. T'Chaka's sense of hearing is enhanced in a similar manner, enabling him to hear sounds that an ordinary human can't and to be able to hear sounds that an ordinary human can, but at much greater distances. T'Chaka can memorize tens of thousands of scents and track them to the exact location, can smell fear, and detect if someone is lying by change in body odor. T'Chaka's sense of taste is sensitive to the point that he is able to taste the exact ingredients of any particular food he is eating.
Peak Human Strength: T'Chaka's physical strength is considerably much stronger than the average human at his peak able lift just under 800 lbs. However, his new limits aren't known as of yet.
Peak Human Speed: T'Chaka is able to run and move at speeds superior to those of any Olympic athlete. He is capable of reaching speeds of 35 mph.
Peak Human Stamina: T'Chaka's musculature generates less fatigue toxins than the bodies of most humans. He can exert himself at peak capacity for several hours before fatigue begins to impair him.
Peak Human Durability: T'Challa's skin, bone, and muscles are augmented to levels that are somewhat harder and stronger than normal humans. The body is able to heal injuries that would prove lethal to ordinary humans by regenerating cells to a limited extent.
Peak Human Agility: T'Chaka's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are also heightened to the pinnacle of human development. He is superior to any Olympic level gymnast that has ever competed.
Peak Human Reflexes: T'Chaka's reaction time is superior to that of any Olympic athlete that has ever competed.
- Master Martial Artist: He has been groomed to be a warrior from birth. An expert in practically all forms of armed and unarmed combat, and a master of all martial arts including African and unknown forms.
- Weapons Master: The Panther has mastered all known weapons.
- Master Acrobat: T'Chaka is a rigorously trained gymnast and acrobat.
- Expert Marksman: He is a master marksman adept with hunting knives, firearms, and other projectile weaponry.
- Master Tactician: T'Chaka is a genius tactician, strategist, and leader who is practically peerless.
- Expert Tracker & Hunter: Even without his superhuman senses, he is a master tracker and hunter. He can pick up a prey's scent and memorize tens of thousands of individual ones.
- Multilingual: T'Chaka can fluently speak his native language, English, and other various languages.
- Highly Influential Connections: As king of Wakanda, the Panther has access to a vast collection of magical artifacts, technological and military hardware, as well as the support of his nation's wide array of scientists, adventurers, and superheroes.
- Diplomatic Immunity: As the leader of a sovereign nation, He often visits the United States or the United Nations for political reasons. He enjoys diplomatic immunity during these trips, and his embassy is considered foreign soil.
His strength is almost superhuman, Black Panther has demonstrated exceptional feats of strength like wrestling down a Rhino, knocking out a Polar Bear and even stopping a Elephant's charge. He's classed at the peak of human potential. Marvel handbooks class him strong enough to lift 750 lbs.
In spite of his enhancements, T'Chaka is still an ordinary human being. He is susceptible to some of the same vulnerabilities other normal humans are. Due to his heightened senses, bright lights, loud noises, & strong smells can potentially overwhelm him.
- Appearances of T'Chaka (Earth-616)
- Media T'Chaka (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- Images featuring T'Chaka (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about T'Chaka (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: T'Chaka (Earth-616)
- Characters killed by Black Panther
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Fantastic Four Unlimited #1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Black Panther/Captain America: Flags of Our Fathers #2
- ↑ Black Panther/Captain America: Flags of Our Fathers #3
- ↑ Black Panther/Captain America: Flags of Our Fathers #4
- ↑ Black Panther Vol 3 #30
- ↑ Avengers 1959 #1
- ↑ Avengers 1959 #4
- ↑ Avengers 1959 #5
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Black Panther Vol 4 #3
- ↑ Retconned origin. The original story was this: Ulysses Klaw was a physicist working in the field of applied sonics at the Technical University at Delft , who had designed a sound transducer able to convert sound waves into physical mass. The theoretical element necessary to make his device work was Vibranium, a substance known to exist only in certain meteoric deposits in the small African nation of Wakanda. Desperate for a sample, Klaw organized a team of mercenaries to help him seize the element from the African tribe who guarded it, the Wakandans. When T'Chaka, the leader of the Wakandan cult of the Black Panther, refused to yield any of the metal from the sacred mound, Klaw ordered his men to kill him. Witnessing his father's death, T'Chaka's adolescent son T'Challa seized Klaw's sonic blaster weapon and aimed it at the marauders, shattering Klaw's right hand with one burst and scattering his troops with a second. OR An explorer explorer Ulysses Klaw came to Wakanda to steal the Vibranium to make weapons, and he murder T'Chaka. In retribution, the young T'Challa stole one of these weapons and used it to destroy Klaw's camp and in the ensuing battle Klaw's right hand was rendered useless when T'Challa's weapon caused Klaw's pistol to explode in his hand. His sound transformer, a machine that could change the basic energy of sound into any living form. (Fantastic Four #53).
|Like this? Let us know!|