When found by Thor, Surtur revealed that Ragnarok was near, as Odin was no longer in Asgard. Surtur then suffered a bitter defeat at Thor's hand, and his crown was taken to Asgard and secured in Asgard's vault.
Surtur was revived when Thor had Loki place the crown in the Eternal Flame as a means to stop their sister Hela from conquering the Nine Realms. From the power of the Eternal Flame he grew to gigantic proportions and began to lay waste to Asgard. Initially suffering a brief assault by the Hulk, he proceeded to rend the city apart while the citizens of Asgard fled.
- Increased Size
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Strength
Surtur was incredibly strong before having been empowered by the Eternal Flame, and after growing to even more immense proportions has exhibited enough physical power to level a city and shatter its foundations in a few forceful blows.
- Clancy Brown provides the voice for Surtur in the film Thor: Ragnarok, with motion-capture provided by director Taika Waititi.
- This is the second character portrayed by Clancy Brown in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the first being Ray Schoonover in the Netflix series' Marvel's Daredevil and Marvel's The Punisher.
- In the non-canon video game Thor: God of Thunder, when Thor had unintentionally let loose the beast known as Mangog, his foster brother Loki told him that the only way to truly defeat the creature would be to infuse his hammer with a metal known as Scabrite, able to absorb large amounts of heat. Thus Thor ventured into the flaming realm of Muspelheim, Surtur's realm and the one place that was abundant with the necessary metal. It was there that Thor realized that it was Surtur's Twilight Sword that had the Scabrite he needed to obtain; however, Surtur wouldn't give it to Thor willingly, and he engaged the son of Odin in an intense battle. Eventually though, Surtur was no match for Thor and his control over wind, thunder, and lightning. He was ultimately defeated and Thor destroyed the Fire Demon's sword in order to collect the Scabrite he needed.
- Rick D. Wasserman provided the voice for Surtur in the video game.
- 2 Appearances of Surtur (Earth-199999)
- Minor Appearances of Surtur (Earth-199999)
- Media Surtur (Earth-199999) was Mentioned in
- 2 Images featuring Surtur (Earth-199999)
- 1 Quotations by or about Surtur (Earth-199999)
- Character Gallery: Surtur (Earth-199999)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|