- The Show's Over!
- -- Nick Fury
Appearing in "Nothing Can Halt... Voltorg!"Edit
- Ancient One
- Vishanti (Mentioned)
- Flickering Flames of the Faltine (Mentioned)
- Rings of Raggador (Mentioned)
- Shades of the Seraphim (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "Nothing Can Halt... Voltorg!"Edit
Battling Yandroth's creation Voltorg, Strange slowly begins to learn the machine's flaws. Meanwhile, Yandroth grabs Victoria and attempts to make an escape from his base, which is getting trashed in Strange's battle against Voltorg. Realizing Voltorg will strike at whatever it thinks its target it is, Dr. Strange uses a series of illusions and his levitating ability to trick the machine into smashing its own face with its electric-prods. Strange uses this as an opportunity to destroy the creature.
However, Dr. Strange is unable to stop Yandroth from escaping with Victoria through teleportation tubes. Following them, Strange finds himself transported to Stone Henge on Earth, there he is confronted by the spirit of the Ancient One.
Appearing in "If Death Be my Destiny!"Edit
- Yellow Claw (robot)
- Suwan (robot)
- H.A.W.K. Harness
- Spy Ray Lens
- Thermo-frigid intensi-ray machine
- Nova bullets
- Yellow Claw's Flagship
- SHIELD Helicarrier
Synopsis for "If Death Be my Destiny!"Edit
Using a H.A.W.K. Harness (High Altitude Wing Kits), Fury pursues the Claw's escaping airship, latching hold with magnets just as a skyscraper-sized whirlpool whisks into the air, leading the ship below the water. There, Fury discovers The Claw's secret hideout is in the middle of New York Harbor. High above, the Heli-Carrier's vortex beam holds The Sky Dragon stationary, as SHIELD mops up The Claw's men. Fury uses a "Pyro-Band" to burn himself a doorway into The Claw's lair, then finds himself in a complex maze. He takes out a pair of heat-seeking missiles with an incendiary flare. Meanwhile, Jimmy Woo is ambushed by some of The Claw's men, then teleported to his lair, where against the protests of Suwan, the villain prepares to kill him using a "Thermo-Frigid Intensi-Ray Machine" in which he will be "polarized to death". But Fury arrives! As Suwan seeks to free Jimmy, Fury & The Claw struggle, and Suwan succeeds at the cost of her own life! In tears, Jimmy vows vengeance against both The Claw and Fury.
- Last issue, The name of the robot in the Dr. Strange story was originally called Voltorr. This issue he is called Voltorg.
- This issue contains a letters page, "Strange Mails". Letters are published from: Lee Roy Windsperger, Jack Hogston, Shirley Gorman, and Rickey Dunkum.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ This issue is reprinted in the following comics/TPB's:
|Like this? Let us know!|