- We beat 'em hands down ... but, so what? All I got were nobodies! The big fish can strike again, any time!
Appearing in "Find Fury or Die!"Edit
- Fury's throat-mike
- Fury's hypno-beam
- Hydra's portable X-Ray scanner
Synopsis for "Find Fury or Die!"Edit
Nick Fury was on his way back to S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters when he realised that Hydra had a tail on him and would assassinate him as soon as he revealed their headquarters. He called into the barbershop to get them prepared and when he arrived left a note that the next two patrons would be Hydra agents.
Back at Hydra base, a Hydra-Hunter sent the assassin squad into position and sent the two undercover agents inside. Fury captured them and hypnotized them into believing they had succeeded to shot him and that the barbershop wasn't actually the headquarters but an old warehouse was.
Over at the warehouse, Hydra assumed they had discovered S.H.I.E.L.D's secret base. Fury laid a trap for Hydra and captured all the agents in various traps. Back at Hydra, the failed Hydra-Hunter is killed and replaced.
Appearing in "What Lurks Beneath the Mask?"Edit
- Baron Mordo (Karl Mordo)
- Baron Mordo's Minions
- The Demon of the Mask (Only appearance)
- Rama Kaliph (First appearance)
- Abu Ben Hakim (Only appearance)
- Hamir the Hermit
- Strange's female acquaintance
- Eternity (Invoked)
- Shades of the Seraphim (Invoked)
- Vishanti (Invoked)
- Vapors of Valtorr (Invoked)
Synopsis for "What Lurks Beneath the Mask?"Edit
Dormammu captures Clea and takes her prisoner for her involvement in the release of the Mindless Ones during one of Dormammu's attempts at destroying Dr. Strange. While in the Earth dimension, Dr. Strange continues to seek out information about Eternity, while trying to hide from Mordo and his minions, however, with each mystic he visits Strange finds dead ends. Visiting the Aged Genghis, Dr. Strange is given a scroll that is supposed to bring him to Eternity.
However, it is the wrong one, and Strange finds himself in a world filled with masks and a being bound to a plaque. Unmasking him, it turns out to be a demon that tricks others into unmasking it so that it can in turn steal their bodies and imprison their spirits. Although Dr. Strange falls for this trap, he uses his mental control over his cloak of levitation to make his enemy to unmask and free him. Battling the demon, Dr. Strange easily overpowers him and then sets all his victims free before returning to his own dimension.
With all other avenues exhausted, Dr. Strange decides that the only way to learn of Eternity is to probe further into the Ancient One's mind, even at risk of his life.
- "What Lurks Beneath the Mask?" is reprinted in Marvel's Greatest Comics #25.
- "Find Fury or Die!" is reprinted in Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. #16
- First Appearance of Aged Genghis.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Strange Tales #136 at the Grand Comics Database
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
- ↑ One of the people that Strange consults with to see if they know about Eternity. She mentions, "You--who saved my life many years ago!" A caption directly underneath reads, "Remind us to tell you about it sometime --Stan and Steve." However, to the best of our knowledge, we have never been told this story.
- ↑ This issue is reprinted in the following comics/TPB's:
- 1st story
|Like this? Let us know!|