Appearing in "Pawns of the Deadly Duo!"Edit
- United States Of America
- Psychic Clay
- Thought projector
Synopsis for "Pawns of the Deadly Duo!"Edit
The Puppet Master and Mad Thinker have teamed up to get revenge on the Fantastic Four. Using the Mad Thinker's plans and the Puppet Master's dolls, they plot to use the Thing to attack the others. However, when the Thing initially attacks the Human Torch, one of his random transformations back into his human form severs the link between the Thing and the Puppet Master's doll.
Returning to the Baxter Building, Johnny and Ben seek Reed's help in finding out what happened to cause the Thing to lash out at Johnny. Realizing it's the Puppet Master's doing, Reed builds a device that feeds back the Puppet Master's power, so when he uses his puppet to try and control the Thing again, it backfires, causing an explosion that knocks him out and foils his and the Mad Thinker's plot.
Appearing in "The Domain of the Dread Dormammu!"Edit
- Baron Mordo (Mentioned)
- Seraphim (Invoked)
- Agamotto (Invoked)
- Raggadorr (Invoked)
- Orini (First appearance) (Unnamed)
- Oshtur (Invoked)
- Munnopor (Invoked)
- Hoggoth (Invoked)
- Vishanti (Invoked)
- Valtorr (Invoked)
- Dark Dimension (First appearance)
Synopsis for "The Domain of the Dread Dormammu!"Edit
The Ancient One informs Doctor Strange that the Dread Dormammu has threatened to cross over from his Dark Dimension into that of Earth's. The Ancient One dispatches Strange to the Dark Dimension, to send a message to Dormammu personally.
Arriving in the Dark Dimension, Dr. Strange battle many warriors and creatures sent by Dormammu to bar his passage. A beautiful white-haired girl shows Strange the way to Dormammu's lair, and Strange warns Dormammu that before attacking Earth's dimension or threatening the Ancient One, he must first battle Dr. Strange.
Pawns of the Deadly Duo!
- The Puppet Master laments over the fact that the Thing and Torch always team up. A situation that he personally experienced in Strange Tales #116.
- Ben mentions using Reed's thought projector in the past. It was last used in Fantastic Four #27.
The Domain of the Dread Dormammu!
- Doctor Strange is returning to his body after his fight with Baron Mordo during last issue.
- Strange is wearing the Amulet of Agamotto here before he is upgraded with the more powerful Eye of Agamotto in Strange Tales #128.
- Although this is her first appearance, Clea is not named until Strange Tales #146.
- "Pawns of the Deadly Duo" is Job # X-772
- "The Domain of the Dread Dormammu!" is Job #X-813
- This issue also contain a 1 page pin-up of "The Thing", Dick Ayers, artist
- This issue also debuts the recurring 2 page letters page "Strange Mails". This issue features letters from John Cirkoth, Joe Schifino, Michael Martin, Benjamin Burenstein, Richard Davidson, Dave Wilson, and Paul Brackley
- Letters page also includes "Special Announcement Page"
- The conclusion of the text issue "The Message" is not concluded from Strange Tales #125
- The Dr. Strange story is reprinted in Bring on the Bad Guys and Doctor Strange Master of the Mystic Arts (Pocket Books).
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|