Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Appearing in "The Sub-Mariner Must Be Stopped!"Edit
- United States Of America
- Atlantis (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "The Sub-Mariner Must Be Stopped!"Edit
When two reporters show up at the Baxter Building to interview Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Girl, the jealous Thing and Torch scare them off. Hearing that Sub-Mariner has been spotted swimming close to shore, the two believe that this is the perfect opportunity to get some much needed publicity.
Tracking down the Sub-Mariner the two hot-heads battle Namor to the point where the furious monarch leaves. Reed and Susan show up to scold the two of them for attacking Namor on their own because Reed was planning to meet with Namor and make peace. To add to the calamity, the two reporters they chased off earlier in the day wanted to interview Susan and Reed in order to write a surprise article about Ben & Johnny.
Appearing in "Mordo Must Not Catch Me!"Edit
- Oshtur (Mentioned)
- Dormammu (Mentioned)
- Cyttorak (Mentioned)
- Munnoper (Mentioned)
- Vishanti (Mentioned)
- Valtorr (Mentioned)
- Hoggoth (Mentioned)
- United States of America
- Tibet (In an illusion or vision)
- Kamar-Taj (In an illusion or vision)
- Atlantic Ocean
Synopsis for "Mordo Must Not Catch Me!"Edit
Attacked by minions of Baron Mordo, Dr. Strange learns that the Ancient One is Mordo's prisoner in yet another plot to destroy Dr. Strange. Battling in their astral forms, Strange searches the world over trying to find the Ancient One while simultaneously trying to prevent Mordo from capturing him. Finding and freeing the Ancient One in ancient Aztec ruins, Dr. Strange confronts Mordo and defeats him in a mystic duel. After the fight, Dr. Strange free the Ancient One.
The Sub-Mariner Must be Stopped!
- Mention is made of the Fantastic Four's last battle with the Sub-Mariner, that occurred in Fantastic Four Annual #1.
Mordo Must Not Catch Me!
- Doctor Strange incorrectly identifies the Orb of Agamotto as the "Eye of Agamotto", which is the amulet that Strange is given in Strange Tales #128. The Orb is properly named in Doctor Strange #171.
- Sequence I "The Sub-Mariner Must Be Stopped!" is Job # X-772
- Sequence II "Mordo Must Not Catch Me!" is Job # X-773
- Sequence III is a one page text piece "The Message". It is located between the first and second comic story. The text piece is to be "continued next issue" but does not appear in Strange Tales 126 or at any time in the future. It is apparently replaced by the recurring letter column: Strange Mails
- Dr. Strange story is reprinted in Doctor Strange Master of the Mystic Arts (Pocket Books).
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|