- Years from now, school children will be taught to remember this date! For it marks the birth of... the supremely powerful beetle!
- -- Beetle
Appearing in "The Birth of the Beetle!"Edit
- Beetle (First appearance)
- Beetle Armor MK I (First appearance)
Synopsis for "The Birth of the Beetle!"Edit
On the way to take the girls out to the World's Fair, the Thing and Human Torch soon find themselves dealing with a new costumed villain known as the Beetle: A disenfranchised inventor who wishes to make it rich the easy way. Thwarting the Beetles thefts, and battling him on the World Fair playground, the two heroes eventually defeat the Beetle and turn him over to the authorities.
Appearing in "The Challenge of Loki!"Edit
- Midgard (Earth)
- Purple Dimension (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "The Challenge of Loki!"Edit
In order to get control of Thor's hammer, Loki tricks Dr. Strange into believing that Loki is a helpless prisoner of the "evil" Thor and the only way to free himself is by gaining control of Thor's hammer. Using a spell to draw Thor's hammer to him, Loki reveals his ruse before the hammer can get to them. Canceling the spell and having Thor track it's path to his Sanctum, Dr. Strange attempts to fight off Loki. However, Loki proves to be a more adept at magic than Strange, however Loki is forced to retreat when he sees that Thor is on his way. With Loki gone, Thor continues on his merry way, unaware of the plot against him that almost succeded.
The Birth of the Beetle!
- This story states that it is taking place during the 1964 New York World's Fair; however, this should be considered a topical reference per the Sliding Timescale of Earth-616.
- This story features cameo appearances by Stan Lee and Carl Burgos. Unlike most real life people, Marvel Comics creators are exempt from the Sliding Timescale and appear in the prime of their lives. This creates some difficult continuity on the sake of Carl Burgos, who last appeared in Marvel Mystery Comics #34 as an artist working for Timely Comics in the 1940s. How Burgos could still be depicted in this story as being young and vital in light of the Sliding Timescale rules are not explained.
The Challenge of Loki!
- Doctor Strange is wearing the Amulet of Agamotto in this story. It should not be confused with the Eye of Agamotto which Strange is gifted with in Strange Tales #126.
- Doctor Strange threatens to trap Loki in the Purple Dimension, which Strange first visited in Strange Tales #119.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|