- Evans thought I was a crackpot! But my invention works! It can give any type of plant life intelligence and make the plant my slave!!
- -- Plantman
Appearing in "Prisoner of the Plantman!"Edit
- United States of America
- Plantman's car
Synopsis for "Prisoner of the Plantman!"Edit
While dreaming about his last battle against the Plantman, Johnny is rudely awakened by a bucket of water being thrown on him by the subject of his dream. Locking the soaking wet Torch in his closet, Plantman then proceeds to rob a nearby hotel and escaping before the Torch can get free and stop him. At the hotel, Torch is met by his girlfriend Doris who is afraid that Plantman might target her father for revenge once more.
While waiting for Plantman's next move, the Torch receives a letter challenging him to a one-on-one duel against Plantman. Battling the villain, the Torch manages to get over begin soaked with water by using week killer against Plantman's plant attacks. When the Torch finally has Plantman caught, Plantman boasts how he has Doris hostage. The Torch having guessed that Plantman may do so informs him that he had put Doris in the protection of the Thing who would protect her against any plants that would come to capture her. Soon the authorities arrive and Plantman is arrested.
Appearing in "Witchcraft in the Wax Museum!"Edit
- Baron Mordo
- Ectoplasmic Allies of Baron Mordo
Synopsis for "Witchcraft in the Wax Museum!"Edit
Answering a call for help by traveling via his astral form, Dr. Strange finds that it is a hoax. Returning back to his Sanctum, Strange finds that his body has been stolen. Contacted by Baron Mordo, Mordo explains to Strange that he stole his body in hopes that Strange would spend too much time out of his body and perish.
After battling ectoplastmic warriors summoned by Mordo, Strange tracks Mordo to a wax museum where Strange's body has been put on display, but shielded from him with a spell. When Mordo attacks in person, Strange possesses one of the wax sculptures and physically takes out his opponent, tieing him up. Mordo then leaves his body in astral form, where he and Strange battle. Strange then conjurs a spell trapping Mordo in a mystical shield preventing him from returning to his body. With Mordo defeated, Strange is able to reverse the spell on his own physical body and return to it. He then put's Mordo's body on display in the wax musem.
Prisoner of the Plantman
- The Plantman's origins were first revealed in Strange Tales #113. The Planet Man's origins are expanded upon in Namor the Sub-Mariner #24, which explains that Smither's plant growing device was empowered by the extradimensional plant creatures known as the H'ylthri.
Witchcraft in the Wax Museum!
- In this story Doctor Strange is wearing the Amulet of Agamotto, it should not be confused with the Eye of Agamotto which is not gifted to Strange until Strange Tales #126.
- The Orb of Agamotto, seen here, is not named until Doctor Strange #171.
- Dr. Strange story is reprinted in Doctor Strange Master of the Mystic Arts (Pocket Books).
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|