Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- If crooks weren't stupid, they wouldn't be crooks.
- -- Human Torch
Appearing in "The Painter of a Thousand Perils!"Edit
- The Painter (First appearance)
- animated paitings of:
- "Scar" Tobin (First appearance)
- Scar's Henchmen:
- The Wizard (Only in flashback)
- Zemu (Only in flashback)
- Ellen (Johnny's date) (First appearance)
- New York Police Department
- Extra-Terrestrial Paints
Synopsis for "The Painter of a Thousand Perils!"Edit
With the Human Torch cracking down on "Scar" Tobin's crime operations, Tobin has become desperate to find a way of dispose of the Torch once and for all. He ended up hiring the Painter, a former counterfeiter who was caught by the Human Torch when the Torch noticed that his counterfeits had obvious flaws. The Painter has a set of paints that turned whatever he painted into reality.
The Painter explained that when he escaped from prison he had found a secret cavern where he found hieroglyphics from an alien race explaining how the paints left behind work. The Painter then used his paints to create various traps to try and stop the Torch. His final plan involved creating fakes of the other members of the Fantastic Four to lure the Torch into a room where he is seemingly destroyed by a grenade.
However the Torch managed to avoid his fate because he realized that he was dealing with fakes when he noticed several flaws in the Painter's "artwork" including that none of the other FF members had the famous Fantastic Four insignia on their uniforms. Tracking the Painter back to Tobin's lair, the Torch burned all the paints and took all the criminals to jail where the Torch revealed to the Painter how he saw through his traps.
Appearing in "The Silent Giant"Edit
- Ben (An old hermit)
- A Redwood tree
- The edge of a redwood forest
- An axe
Synopsis for "The Silent Giant"Edit
An old hermit is frustrated that the redwood tree on his property gets to live thousands of years while he's about to die, so he decides to chop it down. Just as he started, he has a heart attack and dies, but the tree drips sap on him and he becomes a redwood identical to the first.
Appearing in "The Iron Warrior"Edit
- Sir Mogard
- Enchanted Armor
Synopsis for "The Iron Warrior"Edit
- Like tales of black magic? Like action tinged with the supernatural? Like villainous villains and heroic heroes? Well then, settle back and READ! Because this story is just for YOU!
A knight of King Arthur's court resents the favor shown Merlin and so challenges him to a battle. Merlin's champion is a black knight who does succeed in winning the competition. The envious knight still sneers at Merlin and claims he has no true magic for the black knight bested him by force of arms whereupon Merlin makes a mystic pass and the empty suit of armor falls in pieces upon the ground.
Appearing in "The Heat's On!"Edit
- Appearances not yet listed
Synopsis for "The Heat's On!"Edit
(An all text story)
The Painter of a Thousand Perils!
- Johnny mentions his battles with the Wizard (Strange Tales #102), Paste-Pot Pete (Strange Tales #104), and Zemu of the Fifth Dimension Strange Tales #103).
The Iron Warrior
- This story takes place prior to Merlin recruiting Sir Percy of Scandia to become the Black Knight, as seen in Black Knight #1.
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ The first story is reprinted in the following comics/TPB's:
- Marvel Tales Vol 2 10
- Essential Series Vol 1 Human Torch 1
- The Human Torch Vol 1 8
- Marvel Masterworks: The Human Torch 1
|Like this? Let us know!|