This was the first Spider-Slayer robot created by Spencer Smythe. Smythe convinced J. Jonah Jameson to use it as the ultimate tool to capture and defeat Spider-Man and to hopefully reveal his true identity. It was built to track anything with spider DNA, and was armed with unbreakable coils that would overwhelm and restrict an opponent. It also had a two way audio/video monitor showing the image of whoever controlled it on the robot's "face".
Alternate Reality Versions
|On Earth-12041, Spencer Smythe build the MK 1 Spider-Slayer to hunt Spider-Man, however it was soon destroyed which led Smythe to later send the MK 2 after him.||Ultimate Spider-Man Infinite Comic Vol 1 2|
- In the MC2 universe, Spider-Girl, Spider-Man's future daughter, was sent back in time and encounters the original Spider-Slayer and after some confusion involving Spider-Man and the Human Torch, managed to defeat the Slayer in a manner not too dissimilar to the way Spider-Man originally did.
- 22 Appearances of Spider-Slayer Mark I
- 3 Minor Appearances of Spider-Slayer Mark I
- 4 Media Spider-Slayer Mark I was Mentioned in
- 5 Images featuring Spider-Slayer Mark I
- Item Gallery: Spider-Slayer Mark I