While Emma Frost was laying in a comatose state, the Dr. John Sublime harvested eggs from her to begin experimentation. The Weapon Plus program began the cloning to develop a powerful weapon capable of killing every mutant on Earth by combining their telepathic abilities. The project was designated Weapon XIV, and gils were incubated and artificially aged inside the subterranean level of The World. Thousands of girls were cloned from the ovum, but while the other remained dormant, five girls were sent to infiltrate the Xavier Institute as students sisters to hone their talents for Sublime's purposed.
After the Xavier Institute went public, Sophie and her sisters were enrolled as orphan quintuplet sisters. To protect their secret origins, the girls unconsciously place mental blocks in the minds of the faculty preventing them from investigating their background.
The girls quickly gained the moniker "The Stepford Cuckoos", though their chosen codename was the Five-In-One. Emma Frost took a special interest in the girls, and the Cuckoos became her protégés.
Much to her disapproval, the girls' rival, Quentin Quire, developed a crush on Sophie. Sparked by Sophie's rejection and learning that he was adopted and his uncontrolled powers, and fueled by use of the drug Kick, Kid Omega led a rebellion of students at the X-Mansion. To stop Kid Omega and his Omega Gang, Sophie and the other Cuckoos covertly snuck into Cerebra. Using Kick to amp up her powers, Sophie and her sisters were able to stop Quire. Unfortunately, Sophie died in the process. Unbeknownst to the others, Sophie was actually being influenced into these actions by Esme, who was also using Kick.
When the Phoenix Force returned to Earth in search of a new host, Kid Omega was awakened. Still in love with Sophie, Kid Omega exhumed her in hopes of reuniting. However, upon her resurrected, she promptly rejected Quire and die again.
When an unstable fraction of the Phoenix Force sparked inside the girls, their Weapon Plus nanotech dormant inside their bones was activated. This nanotech briefly reanimated Sophie and Esme, who directed their sisters back to The World to activate Sublime's plan for the destruction of the mutant race. Sophie and Esme were later killed by Celeste wielding the Phoenix.
When the Chaos King put the living asleep and opened the underworld, Sophie, Esme, Thunderbird, Banshee, Moira MacTaggert, and several of dupes of Multiple Man were among the resurrected. Sophie confronted Esme about her death with little resolution. While searching for answers among the remains of the Xavier Institute, the former X-Men were attacked by the Carrion Crow. Sophie sacrificed to save the other, and Esme later sacrificed herself to save her sister.
|Power Grid |
|* Higher strength, durability in diamond form|
- Sophie was the most powerful among her sisters.
- Sophie is buried in the Xavier Institute cemetery, and her tombstone reads "Sophie - One of Five - Heroine of Open Day".
- 21 Appearances of Sophie Cuckoo (Earth-616)
- 3 Minor Appearances of Sophie Cuckoo (Earth-616)
- Media Sophie Cuckoo (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 19 Images featuring Sophie Cuckoo (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Sophie Cuckoo (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Sophie Cuckoo (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 X-Men Phoenix Endsong #2
- ↑ X-Men Phoenix Warsong #4
- ↑ X-Men Phoenix Warsong #3
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 New X-Men #118
- ↑ New X-Men #117
- ↑ X-Men Phoenix Warsong #2
- ↑ New X-Men #126
- ↑ New X-Men #134
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 New X-Men #134#137
- ↑ New X-Men #141
- ↑ Chaos War: X-Men #1-#2
- ↑ X-Men Phoenix Endsong #4
- ↑ X-Men Phoenix Endsong #5
- ↑ X-Men Phoenix Warsong #1-#5
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 Chaos War: X-Men #1
- ↑ Chaos War: X-Men #2
- ↑ New X-Men #137
- ↑ X-Men Phoenix Warsong #1
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z #11
|Like this? Let us know!|