Puddlegulp claimed to formerly be a human, but how he became a frog is unknown. Puddlegulp aided King Glugwort during the frogs' war with the rats. As the time of the Althing draws near, the Asgardians wonder where Thor is. He's on Earth having been transformed into a frog, but is still a warrior born. So when a rat attacks him, he easily fights it off. Thor befriends Puddlegulp, who leads him to meet King Glugwort. Hildy and the other kids discover Twilight, and that Loki is up to something involving it. Thor and Puddlegulp arrive in time to drive off Ratso and some others, but not in time to save the king. The other frogs convince Thor to help them against the rats, and Thor already has a plan. In Asgard, the children tell Heimdall of Twilight, and he suspects Loki of even more deviousness. At the Althing, the Grand Thane calls for the sons of Odin to step forward. Loki is there promptly, laughing to himself about Thor's absence, until the Thunder God steps forward as well. Thor's plan to find the alligators in the sewers is successful, except for the presence of the Piper, who promptly takes control of Thor's amphibian body.
To aid the frogs in Thor's battle with the rats, Thor leads the alligators to the surface. Back in Asgard, Loki is suspicious of the Thor that has appeared at the Althing, and follows him and Heimdall back to Heimdall's home. The alligators make short work of the rats, and in Asgard Loki discovers that the false Thor is really Harokin. As Thor leaves the frogs, Puddlegulp stops him and tells Thor is secret. Thor returns to the alley and lifts Mjolnir, transforming in a Thunder Frog.
When Thor in the form of Sigurd Jarlson is walking through Central Park he is met by Puddlegulp and some of the other Frogs of Central Park. The children are astonished by the fact that not only are the frogs coming to Jarlson, but they also talk to him as well. Jarlson explains that these frogs are old friends of his. The frogs tell Jarlson something troubling indeed and when he tells the children he has to leave they tell him that they know he's really Thor. He's astonished, however they say that their father figured that Sigrud was some super-hero, and that they got a peak at Mjolnir that he's been carrying in his gym bag while he was sleeping. When they promise to keep his identity a secret, Sigrud transforms himself into Thor and rushes off into the sewers below.
- Amphibian Physiology: Being a frog, Puddlegulp had all the abilities associated with the amphibious species. He still retained his human intellect and memories, but was unable to converse with humans; he could only communicate with frogs and other similar animals.
- Frogjolnir: A sliver of Mjolnir, which transformed into a miniature version of Mjolnir and granted Puddlegulp the powers of Thor.
- 4 Appearances of Puddlegulp (Earth-616)
- Media Puddlegulp (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Puddlegulp (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Puddlegulp (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Puddlegulp (Earth-616)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Puddlegulp (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|