The Blip is a member of a peaceful alien race composed completely of electrical energy. Blip had been on a mission of peace to another galaxy, which lasted two months before he left to return home. While traveling back to his home dimension, however, he became trapped in a space and time warp. It took nearly all of his power to free himself from the warp, after which he decided to set down on the nearest inhabitable planet to recharge. He then proceeded to land on Earth, and began absorbing all of the electrical energy from the surrounding area. As a result, a military radar base as well as the town of Oakville lost their power. Seeking the cause for the sudden power outage, a radar operator stumbled across the Blip, who told him his story. Unknown to either being, the townspeople also were looking for the source of the power outage and were armed with rifles. When the Blip tried to greet them, they mistook him for a monster and opened fire. They then attacked the radar operator believing him to be a traitor. This enraged Blip, who had never before seen a race capable of such savagery. He quickly dispatched the mob, and told them that they were not worthy of the secrets which he could have shared with them. He then departed for the stars, hoping that the next time their races met that humanity will have by then grown up. 
At some unrevealed point, a second member of the Blip's race came to Earth and died in unrevealed circumstances. Frank Johnson came into possession of the creature's remains, as well as those of Rorgg, the Two-Headed Thing and Grottu which he displayed in his Museum of the Monstrous and Strange. The creatures were all later revived and battled the Fantastic Four, though they were quickly defeated.
A Blip later appeared on Monster Isle when Shadowcat and Magik appeared to look for a mutant girl named Bo. The Blip was among the monsters that attacked the three until Magik teleported herself, Shadowcat, and Bo to the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.
The image of the creature known as Blip has been utilized many times since its first appearance. The earliest known time Shzzzllzzzthzz's image was used was about 10 years prior to the Heroic Age by the dream demon known as Nightmare. Nightmare had created a duplicate of the Blip, along with several other monsters, to haunt a young Peter Parker in his dreams. 
Years later, early on in the career of the Fantastic Four, Mister Fantastic created another duplicate of Blip, along with others of Fin Fang Foom, It the Living Colossus and Sporr to attack Doctor Doom after he had stolen the power of Galactus. The giant monsters were a successful distraction allowing Mister Fantastic to recover the Cosmic Cube and restore everything to normal. 
Sometime later, Xemnu the Titan created a duplicate of the Blip as well as duplicates of Diablo, Groot, Goom and Taboo in order to use them to attack the Incredible Hulk. The Hulk, however, destroyed all of the duplicates.
- The Blip and others of his race are giant sentient electrical fields. They are intangible, and therefore immune to most physical assaults and gunfire.
- The Blip could discharge bolts of electricity from his hands.
- He was able to absorb surrounding electricity in order to recharge himself.
- He is also able to fly and could survive in the vacuum of outer space and could fly incredibly fast in outer space. He is able to fly between galaxies under his his own power.
The Blip has proven vulnerable to grounding and short-circuiting.
- 9 Appearances of Shzzzllzzzthzz (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Shzzzllzzzthzz (Earth-616)
- Media Shzzzllzzzthzz (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 8 Images featuring Shzzzllzzzthzz (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Shzzzllzzzthzz (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Shzzzllzzzthzz (Earth-616)
- Shzzzllzzzthzz at the Marvel Appendix
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|