- Make ready your armies, general... Wakanda is going to war.
- -- Black Panther (Shuri) src
The Princess of Wakanda, Shuri is the sister of Black Panther, and an heiress to the throne of Wakanda. She is the youngest child of T'Chaka, his only daughter and only biological child with Queen Ramonda, his third wife. From a very young age, Shuri has wanted to become the first woman to become the Black Panther. Against her mother's wishes, she broke into the arena to challenge her uncle S'yan for the title of Black Panther, but was unable to reach the ring before another fighter defeated S'yan and claimed the title. When the victor was unmasked, it was none other than Shuri's older brother T'Challa.
Shuri had difficulty coping after her first kill, until T'Challa promised he would personally train her in hand-to-hand combat so that she could take his place as Black Panther should a day come when she needed to lead Wakanda. Despite being particularly headstrong, the will to become the Black Panther drove Shuri to become a gifted fighter.
War with Atlantis
Shuri, as queen of Wakanda, was involved in treaty negotiations with Namor, who offered to end the bloodshed between their two nations in exchange for refuge in Wakanda whenever he desired. This same treaty was first presented to T'Challa, who originally rejected it. Like her brother, Shuri also declined Namor's offer stating that the conflict between the two nations was no ordinary war, and that the fate of both Wakanda or Atlantis hung in the balance; in the end, one of them would face total destruction.
Time Runs Out
With the incursions threatening the existence of the universe and the Earth, Namor formed a Cabal to do what the Illuminati were unable to bring themselves to do, destroy incoming colliding alternate Earths. The Cabal took over Wakanda and turned it into their base of operations, razing the Golden City and slaughtering its citizens. In an attempt to disrupt the Cabal's stolen arsenal of Antimatter Injection Systems, Shuri and T'Challa found themselves cornered by Proxima Midnight of the Cabal. Shuri remained behind to confront their enemies while T'Challa teleported away, at his sister's request.
Shuri was defeated by the Cabal's forces and trapped within a construct of amber similar to Thane's, a construct which left her in a state of stasis known as "living death." As Black Panther strugged to find a way to bring his sister's body back to life, Shuri's soul made its way to the Djalia, a transcendent plane that represented Wakanda's collective memory.
During her time in the Djalia, Shuri trained with and learned from a griot spirit that had taken the form of Ramonda. T'Challa eventually resurrected Shuri by retrieving her soul with the help of Manifold. Now imbued with wisdom and new powers, Shuri confronted Aneka, an ex-Dora Milaje and one of the leaders of a rebellious Dora Milaje group. Shuri seemingly convinced Aneka and Ayo to stand with the Black Panther in the wake of the invasion of another rebellion led by Tetu, which marched towards the Golden City.
- Superhumanly Acute Senses: Shuri boasts greater sensory clarity than an ordinary human or even the finest human athlete. With vision extending into the ultraviolet and infrared areas of the electromagnetic spectrum, allowing her to see in near-total darkness and retain the same level of acuity. Hearing is similarly enhanced, as such Shuri can detect sounds that others cannot. Sounds that ordinarily could not be heard at incredible distances away. Shuri's sense of smell also enables her to memorize scent and individual musks for the recognition of people/objects by scent alone, even if they are well hidden. Her sense of taste is equally augmented to where she is can taste the exact ingredients of any particular food she's eaten.
- Peak Human Strength: Shuri's physical strength had been bolstered well into peak and superhuman levels. Easily capable of rending and tearing complex mechanical apparatuses apart with her bear hands.
- Peak Human Speed: As the Black Panther, Shuri can run, jump and move at speeds superior to those of any Olympic-class runner. Her top speed remains undisclosed but is clearly fast enough strike and evade faster than the eye can follow.
- Peak Human Stamina: Shuri's body eliminates the excessive build-up of fatigue-producing poisons in her muscles and her musculature generates considerably less fatigue toxins than the muscles of an ordinary human being, gifting Shuri with superhuman levels of stamina, exceptional endurance, and lung capacity; in all physical activities.
- Peak Human Durability: Her skin, muscle, and bone tissues are augmented to levels that are much denser and harder than an average human, making her far more durable and resistant to damage to various degrees.
- Peak Human Healing: Shuri's enhanced healing speed and capabilities allows him to have a conditioned metabolism and immune system that enables extraordinarily efficient healing.
- Peak Human Agility: Shuri's equilibrium, balance, flexibility, dexterity, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels superior to to the finest human athlete who has ever competed. Thus giving her feline maneuvering and reactions above the norm.
- Peak Human Reflexes: Shuri's reaction time are beyond the natural limits of an Olympic-level athlete, allowing her to dodge heavy armsfire even from point-blank range with ease.
Djalia Enhancements: Shuri returned from her stay at the Djalia changed, having been imbued with supernatural powers from the teachings of a griot.
- Animorphism: Shuri is capable of transforming her body into either a flock of black birds, or a single enormous one.
- Enhanced Durability: Shuri has demonstrated the ability to recover from blasts of energy with surprising speed.
- Enhanced Speed: During her battle against the mystical creatures known as the Vanyans Shuri was able to move from one location to another with the speed of a cheetah. 
- Stone Form: Shuri can turn her body and clothes into a flexible rock-like material which can be barely dented by gunfire.
- Necromancy: Shuri has shown the ability to raise an army of deceased Wakandan warriors to assist her in battle. 
Genius-Level Intelligence: Shuri is a gifted intellectual mind, a genius on par with her older brother who has a vast, well studied understanding of Wakandan science and technology.
Skilled Martial Artist: She's had special training in various martial art forms, being an incredibly gifted hand-to-hand combatant. Tutored in self defense by both the Dora Milaje and her sibling T'Chala.
Master Acrobat: Shuri is also rigorously trained in acrobatics at a young age.
Gifted Tactical Specialist: Shuri is a skilled leader with a knack for diplomatic approach both in the political circuit and in combat. Much about tactics and strategies was taught to her by the Wakandan war chiefs in her youth and/or by her brother. Who, like his father before him, encouraged her to always think two steps ahead of her enemies and three steps ahead of her friends. Her taciturn prowess is such that she was able to plan a clever means of drawing the treacherous Desturi out into the open by having the royal family feign incompetence and ignorance of their nations civil strife. While at the same time using Ororo, the object of their spiciest ire as bait in order to discern their grand plans.
Highly Influential Connections: Both as a member of the royal family and queen regent of Wakanda, Shuri has access to a vast collection of magical artifacts, technological and military hardware, as well as the support of his nation's wide array of scientists, adventurers, and superhero connections.
Diplomatic Immunity: As one of the leading powers of a sovereign nation, she often visits the United States or the United Nations for political reasons. He enjoys diplomatic immunity during these trips, and his embassy is considered foreign soil.
- Adamantium tipped Vibranium claws.
- 97 Appearances of Shuri (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Shuri (Earth-616)
- Media Shuri (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 120 Images featuring Shuri (Earth-616)
- 8 Quotations by or about Shuri (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Shuri (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ Black Panther Vol 4 #6
- ↑ New Avengers Vol 3 #7
- ↑ New Avengers Vol 3 #23
- ↑ New Avengers Vol 3 #24
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Black Panther Vol 6 #8
- ↑ Black Panther Vol 6 #1
- ↑ Black Panther Vol 6 #2
- ↑ Black Panther Vol 6 #3-7
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Black Panther Vol 6 #9
- ↑ Black Panther Vol 6 #10
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 Black Panther Vol 5 #3-6
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #2
- ↑ Black Panther Vol 5 #7
- ↑ Black Panther Vol 5 #8
- ↑ Doomwar #4-5
- ↑ Black Panther Vol 5 #9
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 17.2 17.3 Black Panther Vol 6 #11
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 Black Panther Vol 6 #15
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 Black Panther Vol 5 #1
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z #1
- ↑ Black Panther Vol 5 #12
- ↑ Black Panther Vol 4 #20
- ↑ Black Panther Vol 5 #5
|Like this? Let us know!|