Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Listen to Bushnick's editorial! "It's high time that the publisher of the Daily Bugle learns this valuable lesson...That the fourth estate wields great work, and with it, there must also come great responsibility." Couldn't have said it better myself.
- -- Peter Parker
Appearing in "Web of Lies"Edit
- Goodman, Lieber, Kurtzberg & Holliway
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Daily Bugle
- Col. John Jameson (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Scorpion (MacDonald Gargan)
- Alistair Smythe
- Electro (Maxwell Dillon) (In a photograph only)
- Sandman (Flint Marko) (Mentioned)
- Mysterio (Quentin Beck) (Mentioned)
- New York
- Spider Signal
- Spider-Man's Red and Blue Suit (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Spider-Man's Web-Shooters
- Scorpion's Suit
Synopsis for "Web of Lies"Edit
The story starts with She-Hulk and Pug attracting Spider-Man's attention and then telling him they can offer him a way to get back at the Daily Bugle. We then see Ditto in the form of a celebrity telling J. Jonah Jameson that he is being sued for libel. The next day Spider-Man brags to his wife his plans for the money, whilst at JLK&H, She-Hulk, Pug and Awesome Andy discuss the plan and Pug also mentions that She-Hulk would profit more if she worked out as Jen Walters. Meanwhile Scorpion decides to attack the courthouse on the day of the trial and convinces Alistair Smythe to give him his Spider-Slayers. During the court, Pug has to take She-Hulk's place when she makes a date with a witness, John Jameson. After a promising start with many of Jameson's employees as witnesses, Spider-Man and She-Hulk leave to battle the Scorpion and they succeed, however Pug makes the mistake of involving Peter Parker in the affair causing Spider-Man to settle for J. Jonah Jameson and Peter Parker handing out public apologies whilst in chicken suits.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|