In modern times, Shangó fought alongside with thunder and sun deities from other pantheons against Demogorge, but was consumed by him. He and his fellows were rescued by the Asgardian thunder god Thor.
- Weather Manipulation: As the God of the Storm Shango has divine authority over the storm and lightning on par with Thor Odinson.
- Fire Generation: As the God of Fire Shango has the ability to generate and control fire & heat at extremely high temperatures and for a variety of effects!
- Superhuman Strength: Shango has titanic strength. Shango' strength level is comparable to the likes of Thor & Hercules at Class 100, which makes him one of the strongest Orishas with the exception of Buluku.
- Precognition: Shangó is a diviner and can predict the future. He is a dispenser and defender of justice.
- Blessing: Shango is capable of bestowing abilities and powers on mortals he chooses to bless, As he did with Chango of the Santerians!
- Shango has the abilities that The Vodū all possess. He is a true immortal who ceased to age upon reaching adulthood, and he cannot die by conventional means. The Vodū are immune to all terrestrial diseases and are resistant to conventional injury. If a Vodū is wounded, his or her godly life force will enable him or her to recover at a superhuman rate. It would take an injury of such magnitude that it incinerates a Vodū or disperses a major portion of his or her bodily molecules to cause him or her to die. Even then, it may be possible for Buluku or several gods acting together, to revive the deceased god before the god's life essence is beyond resurrection. Vodū flesh and bone are about two-and-a-half times denser than similar human tissue, contributing to the gods' superhuman strength and weight. An average male god can lift about 25 tons; an average goddess can lift about 20 tons. The gods' metabolism gives them superhuman endurance in all physical activities.
- Formidable hand-to-hand combatant.
- Shangó is able to lift in excess of Class 100.
Shango is known to have a fierce temper. He is prone to rampages and holds grudges.
- Black Storm Clouds
- Oshé: Mystical double-headed axe to summon thunder and lightning. Equivalent to Thor's hammer Mjolnir.
- Hunga Munga: 'Throwing irons capable of piercing nearly any substance.'
- His name is pronounced 'shahn-GO'.
- In religious tradition Shangó's personality is hot-tempered, quick to anger and stands for the uncontrollable ascepts of male passion and power. With this characterization Shangó is traditionally ranked among the 'hot' or 'red' Òrìshàs who are more aggressive. (òrìshà gbigbona)
- Traditionally Shangó's colors are red and white.
- Apart from his position as thundergod Shangó appears as Òrìshà of fire and of family (latter due to the fact that he has married three wives: Oya, Oshun and Oba).
- Due to the dynamic transformative nature of the Òrìshà and Shangó's duty as patron of every eletric based thing or process, he appears as Òrìshà of the internet nowadays.
- 5 Appearances of Shango (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Shango (Earth-616)
- Media Shango (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 3 Images featuring Shango (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Shango (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Shango (Earth-616)
- Doctor Strange Vol 3 #17
- Thor Annual #10
- Shango at the Guide to the Mythological Universe
- Shango at the Appendix to the Marvel Universe
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 Thor & Hercules: Encyclopaedia Mythologica #1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme #17
- ↑ All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #3; Council of Godheads' entry
- ↑ Thor Annual #10
- ↑ Daredevil Father #1
- ↑ Firestorm #95
- ↑ Joba Molei Anderson (2010). 'The Horsemen: Divine Intervention #1'. Griot Enterprises.
- ↑ Manfred Kremser (2001). 'Shangó-Transformationen: Vom traditionellen Donnergott der Yoruba zum digitalen Blitzgewitter im Cyberspace' [German: 'Transformations of Shangó: From Traditional Yoruba Thundergod to the Digital Flashlightning in Cyberspace']. Habilitation Treatise, University of Vienna.
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z hardcover Vol. 14
|Like this? Let us know!|