Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Anti-mutant bigot Bolivar Trask designed the "Mark I" Sentinels to protect humanity from the "mutant threat". Unfortunately, Trask and his employees were not masters of their robots: They created the Sentinels with an artificial intelligence they could not control. The Sentinels quickly reasoned that the best way to protect humans from mutants was to control human society, instead of allowing the "imperfect" humans to do so.
When Trask tried to order a Sentinel to seize Professor Xavier during a television debate, the Sentinel instead attacked and kidnapped Trask, taking him to the HQ Trask himself had built.The Sentinels also kidnapped X-Man Beast. The rest of the X-Men followed the Sentinels to their base, but were captured as well.
However one of the Sentinels left at the studio had inexplicably collapsed. Xavier discovered that a huge crystal mounted in a tower nearby had jammed this Sentinel's power unit, putting it out of commission. Xavier had his government contacts transport the crystal to the Sentinel base, where it disabled all of the Sentinels' minor units. The X-Men also managed to break free and raced to confront Trask.
Meanwhile the lead Sentinel, Master Mold, tried to force Trask to create an army of Sentinels with which it could conquer mankind. However Trask had used a psycho-probe on Beast and discovered that not all mutants would inevitably use their powers against humanity. Understanding that he had been wrong in his prejudice, he sacrificed his own life to destroy the Sentinel-manufacturing apparatus, destroying Master Mold and most of the Sentinels in a great explosion. The X-Men barely managed to escape the base's destruction.
Controversial artist Guy DeMondue acquired three "decommissioned" Sentinels Mk I from Simon Trask for an exposition on the "mutant kitsch" in San Francisco, causing demonstration of pro-mutants and the coming of the new-in-town X-Men. There, the depowered Magneto used tech to mimic his powers and activated two of the Sentinels to attack his old enemies, without himself to be targeted as he wasn"t a mutant. One of the sentinels were destroyed by Colossus who thrown an Hybrid car on it after Wolverine had sniked it, and the other by Angel.
- Energy Blast: The Mark I could project a variety of different energy types from their chests offensively, including but not limited to: plasma, electrons, stun beams and heat. They were also armed with a disintegrator, though this only worked on inorganic matter.
- Flight Mark I Sentinels could fly with jets mounted in their feet.
- Mutant Detection: The Sentinels constantly scanned all living beings in their immediate surrounding area and were able to determine if they were humans or mutants.
- Robot: Due to its nature, the Sentinels were protected by the sheer strength of their armor. They could not be affected by emotional or mental attacks, nor by illusions. However, they were susceptible to attacks affecting machinery.
Mark I Sentinels were able to lift up to 20 tons.
Flight under their own power.
Internal weapon systems.
- The Mk I Sentinels were programmed to protect humanity from mutants, but their programming was completely open as for how they could do this. Thus, they could injure or kill humans to capture mutants.
- 18 Appearances of Sentinel MK I
- Media Sentinel MK I was Mentioned in
- 2 Images featuring Sentinel MK I
- 1 Quotations by or about Sentinel MK I
- Character Gallery: Sentinel MK I
- Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol 2 #11
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|