|Sentinel Mk VI|
|Real Name||Not applicable|
|Current Alias||Sentinel Mk VI|
|Relatives||Sebastian Shaw (manufacturer), Sentinels Mk I (previous model, defunct), Sentinels Mk II (previous model, defunct), Sentinels Mk III (previous model, defunct), Sentinels Mk IV (previous model/permanent fusee), Sentinels Mk V (previous model/permanent fusee), Tri-Sentinel (fused form, defunct), Sentinel Omega Class (following model from Earth-811), Nimrod (following model from Earth-811)|
|Affiliation||Robotic agents of the government of the United States and of Sebastian Shaw|
|Base Of Operations||A secret stronghold in New York|
|Identity||No Dual Identity|
|Unusual Features||Robotic features|
|Origin||Sentinels (Robots designed specifically as trackers and hunters)|
|Place of Birth||Sentinel factories across the United States|
|Creators||Bill Mantlo, David Ross|
After the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants tried to assassinate Senator Robert Kelly while he was performing a public research on the possible threat of superhuman beings and mutants, the President's Cabinet authorized secret and illegal Project Wideawake to research and, if needed, capture any superhuman mutant that the Project management could consider a threat to national security. The Project's head was Henry Gyrich, answering only to the President, with Senator Kelly himself as an special consultant.
The government contacted industrial tycoon Sebastian Shaw, ignoring that Shaw was a evil mutant himself, to build the new breed of Sentinels. Shaw Industries was authorized by the government to build top-secret Sentinels to be used in Project Awakening.
Shaw produced three models: Mark IV Sentinels, Mark V Sentinels and Mark VI Sentinels. None of these models proved to be as formidable as the Mark II and Mark III Sentinels. The models were constantly being modified and improved. Shaw secretly used Sentinels to attack his own enemies, the X-Men, but the government was unaware of this.
- Energy Blast: The Mark VI had an amount of different blasts, including but not reduced to plasma, electrons, stunning gas and heat, that could be shot from their chests. They were also armed with a disintegrator that only worked on inorganic matter.
- Flight used jets
- Gas Jets
- Invisibility: Liquid crystal implants provided this model with invisibility to naked eye and radar.
- Learning Program: A special learning program allowed a particular Mk VI a certain advantage when fighting an enemy, but only after at least one minute of analysis. This data could be stored for future use against the same enemy, so that any Sentinel from any model could access the information (and Shaw or the government could authorize the development of special weaponry). However, any needed modification would take at least one week.
- Mutant Detection: The Sentinels constantly scanned all the living beings in the immediate surrounding area and were able to determine if they were humans or mutants.
- Robot: Due to its nature, the sentinels were protected by the sheer strength of the hull. They could not be affected by emotional or mental attacks, nor by illusions. However, they were susceptible to attacks affecting machinery.
- Searching Lights: This model's eyes were equipped with searching lights.
Mk VI Sentinels were able to lift up to 70 tons.
- 15 Appearances of Sentinels Mk VI (Earth-616)
- Media Sentinels Mk VI (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 5 Images featuring Sentinels Mk VI (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Sentinels Mk VI (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Sentinels Mk VI (Earth-616)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Sentinels Mk VI (Earth-616)
- Gamer's Handbook of the Marvel Universe
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|