When the United States Army recruited Ted Sallis into "Project Sulfur," which sought a means to survive bio-chemical warfare, Sallis developed "Serum SO-2," which granted immunity to all known toxic biochemicals, but its mutagenic effects would have transformed people into monsters.
Ted's friend, the free-spirited girl Sainte-Cloud, convinced him to denounce the Project, shutting it down before any serum was produced. Ted proposed to Sainte-Cloud, but she refused due to their many differences.
Years later, in a weird twist of fate, a Man-Thing-shaped candle (created after his New York rampage) was drugged and given to Sainte-Cloud by her jilted lover Chuck, causing her to see Man-Thing hallucinations; exposed to the drug himself, a terrified Chuck badly burnt his face on the candle.
- 1 Appearances of Sainte-Cloud (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Sainte-Cloud (Earth-616)
- Media Sainte-Cloud (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Sainte-Cloud (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Sainte-Cloud (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Sainte-Cloud (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|