This covert S.H.I.E.L.D. base of operations is located on a Midtown Manhattan side street in New York City. The barbershop front provided access to the main S.H.I.E.L.D. underground complex, in which authorized S.H.I.E.L.D. agents and VIP's, such as Captain America and the Falcon, can be pneumatically transported through "Descent Chairs". After years of use, which included several breaches in security, the underground facility and the upstairs "barbershop" were closed; Agent Jasper Sitwell oversaw its sub-surface detonation.
- "Slim", Sam, Joe, Harold, Unknown "Doll" Manicurist
- Windows were mechanically fogged over, before the "Descent Chairs" were activated. The barbershop also had the capability to be disguised as a hardware store.
- The barbershop could also be accessed via a pneumatic underground and underwater tunnel from New Jersey.
- The staff of the barbershop were adequately trained to disarm and neutralize any hostile visitors or ememies to S.H.I.E.L.D.
- This complex eventually had the capabiity to teleport individuals to the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier.
- Originally, Sam the barber had a full nape of hair. The later barber at the complex was bald. Either Sam was wearing a toupee, which he obviously had removed, or this is another barber. This balding barber was once called "Joe" and later "Harold". These may all be seperate individuals or a writer's error.
- Sam's codename was "Charlie Clipper". His first name is given in Captain America #143.
- "Slim" is of African-America descent and originally shined shoes and checked hats. Through the years, and with a distinct change of barbershop customs, "Slim" became more involved with other operations of the shop. His bow tie is replaced with a barber's tunic. He is an extremely competent agent and has been successful in subduing several enemy agents. "Slim" has not been seen since the 1960's at the barbershop.
- Dum Dum Dugan was particularly fond of the "Doll" manicurist. Once when he stole a kiss from the unsuspecting female, she attacked him. She was rumored to have a crush on SHIELD Director, Nick Fury. Similarly, this manicurist has not been seen since the Silver Age.
- Appearances of S.H.I.E.L.D. Barbershop Headquarters
- Minor Appearances of S.H.I.E.L.D. Barbershop Headquarters
- Media S.H.I.E.L.D. Barbershop Headquarters was Mentioned in
- Location Gallery: S.H.I.E.L.D. Barbershop Headquarters
- Images related to S.H.I.E.L.D. Barbershop Headquarters
- Marvel Staff members who were born in S.H.I.E.L.D. Barbershop Headquarters