Ruriko Tsumura was a gentle artist from Japan who was on a pleasure cruise when the boat exploded. She was washed up ashore, and was found by the Freakmaster, who replaced much of her mangled body with cyborg parts, and she was renamed Steel Wind. She felt honor-bound to serve the Freakmaster, who sent her to disrupt and ruin a series of carnivals. During the course of these missions, Steel Wind came into conflict with the demonic hero Ghost Rider. Steel Wind was subjected to Ghost Rider's hellfire and rendered comatose.
Later, Steel Wind and Steel Vengeance teamed up to attack a carnival, when they again clashed with Ghost Rider, but failed. In retaliation for this failure, Centurious killed Steel Vengeance.
Steel Wind later turned against Centurious, and was about to kill him when Ghost Rider convinced her not to. She rode off, to places unknown.
When her body was converted into a cyborg, Steel Wind gained superhuman strength and durability.
Steel Wind is a skilled combatant, and motorcyclist.
When Steel Wind was converted into a cyborg, her strength was increased to superhuman levels, enabling her to lift around 10 tons.
Steel Wind has ridden a variety of hi-tech motorcycles, which have been armed with weapons including missiles and laser blasters. One of these cycles even combined with her cyborg body.
Steel Wind has been seen to use weapons including energy beam weapons, energy blades, and wrist-mounted claws.
- Steel Wind's real name was revealed in the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z Hardcover Vol. 4.
- 13 Appearances of Ruriko Tsumura (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Ruriko Tsumura (Earth-616)
- Media Ruriko Tsumura (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Ruriko Tsumura (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Ruriko Tsumura (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Ruriko Tsumura (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|