Roxanne Washington was born into hip-hop "royalty" as the daughter of Roy "Daddy Libido" Washington and Angel "Sexy Mutha" Depres. Having appeared in her parents' rap videos from a young age, Washington was often targeted by would-be kidnappers and assassins.
Destined to follow in her parents' footsteps, Washington turned her back on that life and enrolled as a student at the Xavier Institute under the tutelage of Gambit. Washington was more concerned with improving herself rather than the escalating human/mutant situation. Her school record showed her to be a good and attentive student with a strong sense of responsibility.
As a member of Gambit's squad, the Chevaliers, Washington was forced to deal with the arrival of newcomer Foxx's infatuation with her teacher, despite being attracted to Foxx herself, until Foxx was revealed to be the shapeshifting Mystique.
Bling! retained her powers after M-Day. She helped Havok's squad during the Sentinels' arrival and Apocalypse's return due to lack of members, particularly Polaris' de-powerment, Wolverine's frequent disappearances, and Gambit's betrayal.
When the X-Men moved to San Francisco and set up a new base in California, Bling! followed. She helped to control rioting surrounding the Proposition X, legislature which was attempting to limit mutant reproduction that was being pushed by Simon Trask and his anti-mutant group, the Humanity Now! Coalition. During the final fight on Utopia, Bling teamed up with Frenzy and Nekra in taking on Ms Marvel.
After an attack by Emplate, everybody living on Utopia was warned to stay close together and report anything out of the ordinary. Roxy was greeted by Emplate, who claimed dinner is served. She was rescued by Rogue using Trance's power, and had rejoined the X-Men on Utopia.
Schism & Jean Grey School
Eventually Roxanne and a host of other mutants on Utopia chose to split from Cyclops's group to side with Logan's X-faction instead during the Schism between mutant schools. Eventually winding up at the New Jean Grey School for Higher Learning as a student there. Having her own adventures Bling while still a student would come to terms with a number of personal issues. Such as her lesbianism when she tries to consort with Murcury and battling and old X-Foes sibling Arkea, joining a teen team strike force against evil alt. universe doppelgangers aligned with the Young Avengers, dealing with a future evil brotherhood of mutants during Battle of The Atom and Helping Jubilee babysit and retrieve her kidnapped adopted child.
Bling! is a mutant who displayed the following powers:
- Diamond Form: Bling!'s bone marrow is able to produce diamond shards of varying quality, giving her skin and physicality a crystalline appearance.
- Diamond Shards: She is able to manipulate the shape and quality of diamonds that protrude from her body, which are formed by her bone marrow, and expel them from her body at high speeds.
- Superhuman Strength: It can be theorized her crystal form gives her incredible strength, her upper scale remains undisclosed but she's strong enough to tear through the triple reinforce steel doors of the Danger Room 
- Superhuman Durability: Her crystalline body grants her superhuman durability.
- Unlike most (if not all) cases, the exclamation is part of Bling!'s codename.
- Roxanne is a lesbian.
- 100 Appearances of Roxanne Washington (Earth-616)
- 1 Minor Appearances of Roxanne Washington (Earth-616)
- Media Roxanne Washington (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 44 Images featuring Roxanne Washington (Earth-616)
- 2 Quotations by or about Roxanne Washington (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Roxanne Washington (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|