At a Glance
The Rocky Mountains, often called the Rockies, are a broad mountain range in western North America. The Rocky Mountains stretch more than 4,800 kilometers (3,000 miles) from northernmost British Columbia, in Canada, to New Mexico, in the United States. The range's highest peak is Mount Elbert in Colorado at 14,440 feet (4,401 meters) above sea level. Though part of North America's Pacific Cordillera, the Rockies are distinct from the Pacific Coast Ranges which are located immediately adjacent to the Pacific coast.
During the days of the American Frontier, regions of the Rockies were visited by various heroic gunslingers of the Old West.
Points of Interest
- Angel's Aerie: Private refuge of Warren Worthington III and the former base of operations for the 2nd iteration of the Defenders.
- The Vault (formerly): prison for super-villains.
- Chatwin Falls
Canadian Rocky Mountains
New Mexico Rocky Mountains
- Candy Southern
- Defenders (formerly)
- Sassafras (Hank McCoy's puppy)
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Appearances of Rocky Mountains
- Minor Appearances of Rocky Mountains
- Media Rocky Mountains was Mentioned in
- Location Gallery: Rocky Mountains
- Images related to Rocky Mountains
- Marvel Staff members who were born in Rocky Mountains
Links and References