At a Glance
The Rocky Mountains, often called the Rockies, are a broad mountain range in western North America. The Rocky Mountains stretch more than 4,800 kilometers (3,000 miles) from northernmost British Columbia, in Canada, to New Mexico, in the United States. The range's highest peak is Mount Elbert in Colorado at 14,440 feet (4,401 meters) above sea level. Though part of North America's Pacific Cordillera, the Rockies are distinct from the Pacific Coast Ranges which are located immediately adjacent to the Pacific coast.
During the days of the American Frontier, regions of the Rockies were visited by various heroic gunslingers of the Old West.
After injuring her girlfriend with her newfound powers, Glorianna hid in seclusion within the Rocky Mountains. After Aisa and Qweeg located her, they climbed the Rockies to recruit Rhonda into The Fist.
Fist then set up an outpost in the mountains. They utilized Glorianna's power to create a time portal to 2099 A.D. After Spider-Man discovered the base, it was abandoned with only Iron Man left to guard it. When Spider-Man returned with Captain America and Elektra, Sonny was compromised and his armor destroyed. In response, the outpost was destroyed.
Points of Interest
- Angel's Aerie: Private refuge of Warren Worthington III and the former base of operations for the 2nd iteration of the Defenders.
- The Vault (formerly): prison for super-villains.
- Chatwin Falls
Canadian Rocky Mountains
New Mexico Rocky Mountains
- Candy Southern
- The Fist
- Appearances of Rocky Mountains
- Minor Appearances of Rocky Mountains
- Media Rocky Mountains was Mentioned in
- Location Gallery: Rocky Mountains
- Images related to Rocky Mountains
- Marvel Staff members who were born in Rocky Mountains