Richard Rider aka Nova's younger brother. Robert was a genius and was able to build his own robot as a teenager, although it was later discovered his robot was built due to the manipulations of Doctor Sun. Richard had always been insecure about Robbie being smarter than he was but Robbie always looked up to his big brother.
At some point Richard confided in his family about his powers. Robbie was usually more supportive of Richard's role as a hero than their parents. At one point Robbie was kidnapped by a street gang called the Poison Memories who had a grudge against the New Warriors. The gang leader Kimeko Ashu chopped off one of Robbie's fingers. Nova felt awful about this and later went to MIT to talk to his brother and ask for his forgiveness. Robbie said there was nothing to forgive and he would gladly give up more fingers if that's what it took for his brother to save lives.
Robert once earned a lot of money from selling a software program he designed. He used the money he earned from that to buy the Long Island home the Rider family used to live in.. Robert's parents had previously been living in Jackson Heights, Queens.
Richard discovered another Nova named Nova 0:0, who had been attempting to fight Nova to get him to be prepared for the death storm, was an alternate reality version of Robbie. On that world Robbie became Nova and watched his world destroyed by the Death Storm. Nova 0:0 dies helping stop the deathstorm in the 616 timeline and Nova buries him.
Later the real Robbie worked at Project Pegasus as a scientist. He was one of the people selected to reconstitute the new Nova Corps and he was given Nova powers. Robert is friends with Darkhawk due to their being co-workers at Project: Pegasus.
Robbie is presumably still adventuring in space. His parents have not seen him since before he joined the Nova Corps.
- After the Worldmind and Ego were separated, Richard Rider demanded more structure from the new Nova Centurions the Worldmind had recently recruited. Many were powered down to lower levels and given lower ranks.
- Many recruits were bumped down to Millennians or mere Corpsmen but going by his chest insignia. Robert was only downgraded from Centurion to Denarian which is a reduction of only one rank.
- 49 Appearances of Robert Rider (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Robert Rider (Earth-616)
- Media Robert Rider (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 6 Images featuring Robert Rider (Earth-616)
- 1 Quotations by or about Robert Rider (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Robert Rider (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|