- All right. Hulk plug-in-- DO YOUR SLUGGIN'! Hhrrrh. Need to work on that catchphrase.
- -- Red Hulk src
General Robert L. Maverick worked for Project: Troubleshooter, the United States' latest off-the-books facility for the production of human weapons. He oversaw the procedure that turned Corporal Todd Ziller into a giant lizard monster, who would be nicknamed "American Kaiju" by Maverick.
When Avengers Idea Mechanics performed an illegal operation to rescue Rick Jones from S.H.I.E.L.D. custody, Maverick suggested to retaliate with the American Kaiju. Maverick later observed as the American Kaiju was deployed against A.I.M. and witnessed as it was defeated and reverted back to his human form.
Some time later, when A.I.M.'s leader Bobby da Costa defeated the villainous Maker, he decided to bring him to the United States' government and for Maverick to be in their good graces and motivate cooperation between them. Da Costa's alliance with Maverick resulted in A.I.M. being absorbed by S.H.I.E.L.D. and working with the American government, having become American Intelligence Mechanics. With the rebranding of A.I.M., Maverick became a member of its U.S.Avengers. Using an improved version of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Hulk plug-ins, Maverick became the new Red Hulk.
- Super-Strength: Allegedly to the same level as the Hulk, making Maverick strong enough to destroy the Secret Empire's volcano island floating base by crash-landing into it.
- 11 Appearances of Robert Maverick (Earth-616)
- 1 Minor Appearances of Robert Maverick (Earth-616)
- Media Robert Maverick (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 19 Images featuring Robert Maverick (Earth-616)
- 3 Quotations by or about Robert Maverick (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Robert Maverick (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|