Riri Williams was born shortly after her father Riri Williams, Sr. died. She grew up together with her sister Sharon and their mother in Chicago, Illinois. When she was five years old, Riri's behavioral problems led her mother and her step-father to have her undergo tests that resulted in Riri being certified a super genius.
Her level of intelligence caused Riri to retreat inside her own mind and become an introvert. She met her only friend, Natalie Washington, when she was ten years old, after Riri caught Natalie's attention while working at her open garage on some inventions meant to hopefully help superheroes some day.
Tragedy struck Riri when she was thirteen years old. While having a picnic at the Marquette Park, Riri, her family and Natalie were caught in the line of fire when a car driver opened fire on some bystanders. Even though Riri got up unscathed, both Natalie and Riri's step-father were shot and died. Some time after this event, Riri was given a scholarship at M.I.T.. By the age of fifteen she was already attending it.
Building her First Suit
What started as a challenge for herself ended up becoming a secret project to create her own suit of armor. After reverse-engineering technology from the outdated Iron Man Armor Model 41, Riri started creating her own prototype version of the Iron Man Armor, using mainly stolen material from campus. When security caught notice of her suspicious activities, Riri was prompted to don the suit of armor and fly away.
After flying around the country trying to get the hang of her suit's flying capabilities, Riri intercepted a couple of inmates escaping from the New Mexico State Penitentiary. She managed to stop the speeding truck they were using as a escape vehicle, but at the cost of her armor's integrity.
Riri eventually returned to her house to keep working on her suit, much to her mother's dismay. After learning of Riri's accomplishment, Tony Stark visited her and decided to endorse Riri's desire to become a super hero. Using a repaired version of her armor, Riri later assisted Iron Man during the second superhero Civil War, fighting against the forces of Captain Marvel.
In the end of the civil war, Tony Stark fell into a coma fighting Captain Marvel. so Riri decided to continue his legacy as a hero. With the guidance of a A.I. duplicate of Stark, Riri created a new much better suit of armor, and took up the alias of Ironheart.
Skilled Inventor and Engineer: Despite her youth and limited resources, Riri has devised and created various contrivances, including her own version of the Iron Man Armor, which she reverse-engineered from scratch.
Armor: Riri originally used a crude suit of armor with technology reverse-engineered from the Iron Man Armor. The armor was capable of achieving flight and flipping over a speeding truck, but it fractured as a consequence of the impact. Her second suit featured cutting edge similar to Iron Man's.
- Riri was first referenced in Invincible Iron Man Vol 2 #1, when Tony Stark makes mention of a 15 year-old who had reverse engineered his technology in his inner monologue.
- 21 Appearances of Riri Williams (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Riri Williams (Earth-616)
- Media Riri Williams (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 67 Images featuring Riri Williams (Earth-616)
- 3 Quotations by or about Riri Williams (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Riri Williams (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Invincible Iron Man Vol 3 #3
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Invincible Iron Man Vol 2 #12
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Invincible Iron Man Vol 3 #1
- ↑ Invincible Iron Man Vol 2 #7
- ↑ Invincible Iron Man Vol 2 #10
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Invincible Iron Man Vol 2 #11
- ↑ Civil War II #6
- ↑ Civil War II #8
- ↑ Invincible Iron Man Vol 3 #2
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Invincible Iron Man Vol 2 #9
- ↑ Deodato, Mike (11 July 2016). Mike Deodato, Jr. on Twitter: "Riri Williams was based on the beautiful young actress @skaijackson". Twitter. Retrieved on 11 July 2016.
|Like this? Let us know!|