Health problems linked to exposure to the power systems led to Stark abandoning this design into a new "safe" armor.
During his status as a fugitive from Norman Osborn, Tony used this armor again while on the run around the world.
Repulsors had variable settings. Like other armors, it maintained a unibeam. Pulse bolts were powerful but power drain limited their usage. In addition to standard sonics, a "sonic ramshot" could now be fired.
Explosive and tear gas pellets were stored in the left gauntlet. Flame-retardant foam was also stored.
The armor's communications with enhanced with a cellular phone and wireless modem.
Sensor upgrades included a Combex/Sonar system and seismographs.
A later add-on was a force bubble projector. This "hamster ball" provided protection for civilians.
A chin toggle was used for convenience (drinking water) and as a backup if the cybernetic link became damaged.
- This armor was originally identified in the All-New Iron Manual as the Model 17, it was later renumbered Model 16 in the Iron Manual.
- No trivia.
- 95 Appearances of Iron Man Armor Model 16
- Media Iron Man Armor Model 16 was Mentioned in
- 30 Images featuring Iron Man Armor Model 16
- Item Gallery: Iron Man Armor Model 16
- Fan-Art Gallery: Iron Man Armor Model 16
Links and References