Reed Richards, also known as Mr. Fantastic, is a member of the Fantastic Four. Brilliant mathematician and physicist, Reed Richards is a humble genius and gifted idealist.
Reed always reached for the stars and would have done anything to fund his lifelong dream of an experimental space mission — including cutting a last-ditch, no-win deal with Victor von Doom. But one tiny miscalculation turned into tragedy when a brutal cosmic storm battered the spaceship and its crew. The cosmic rays left Reed the ability to bend, stretch and expand his body in any imaginable way. Reed himself responsible for the accident which transformed the Four, and he wrapped himself around his work to reverse their condition.
The exposure to the cosmic cloud brought out the worst in Victor Von Doom. He turned Ben Grimm against Reed, convincing him that Reed was responsible for Ben's hideous appearance. Slowly Ben realized that Victor was out to ruin Reed and united with his friends to stop him. Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm now the Fantastic Four battled against their new, electrified enemy, Dr. Victor Von Doom.
Accustomed to being pulled in different directions, Mr. Fantastic worked to realize his potential as boyfriend to Sue, scientist to humanity, and leader to the Four. As the Silver Surfer raced around the globe wreaking havoc, the Fantastic Four unraveled the mystery of the Silver Surfer and confronted the surprising return of their mortal enemy, Dr. Doom.
Seemingly those of his Earth-616 counterpart
Due to exposure to a cosmic cloud, the irradiation gave Reed superhuman powers:
Superhuman Flexibility: Due to his mutation, Reed's body is superhumanly flexible capable of twisting, and bending his body in an inhuman fashion.
- Contracting: Reed has shown to be capable of contracting at least his hand under a doorway with a locked door in it.
- Physical Immunity: Due to the nature of Reeds powers he is almost completely immune to striking and submission holds and can even turn submission holds against his opponents as seen when Ben tried to beat him and couldn't.
- Expanding: Reed has been shown to expanding any part of his anatomy at least 1,000 feet.
Extreme Temperatures: If Reed is exposed to extreme cold, he will be unable to move or use his powers, if he is exposed to extreme heat, such as lightning, he will enter a pseudo-melted state, where he is limp and his body will stretch outside of his control.
- Ioan Gruffudd portrays Reed Richards in Fantastic Four and Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer.
- Unlike his comic book contemporary, Reed's hair did not start graying at the temples until after the incident that gave him his powers, implying it was the latter that lead to the former.
- 6 Appearances of Reed Richards (Earth-121698)
- Media Reed Richards (Earth-121698) was Mentioned in
- 15 Images featuring Reed Richards (Earth-121698)
- 1 Quotations by or about Reed Richards (Earth-121698)
- Character Gallery: Reed Richards (Earth-121698)
- Characters killed by Mister Fantastic
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|