Reed Richards designed and built his experimental rocket in Central City, California. The rocket was equipped with an experimental hyperdrive. The ship carried Richards, pilot Ben Grimm, Sue Storm, and Johnny Storm to the stars in their infamous unauthorized test flight which led to them being bombarded by cosmic rays and becoming the Fantastic Four. It had inadequate shielding and was destroyed during a crash landing outside Ithaca, New York.
- The location of the rocket's destruction was established in Fantastic Four #245.
- The rocket has never been given an official name in the mainstream Marvel Universe. Warren Ellis's dystopian miniseries Ruins, however, gives it the ironic name of Astraea ("star-maiden" or "starry night"), the Hellenic goddess of innocence and purity.
- Reed Richards' Rocketship's Appearances
- Reed Richards' Rocketship's Minor Appearances
- Media Reed Richards' Rocketship Mentions
- Vehicle Gallery: Reed Richards' Rocketship
- Images that include Reed Richards' Rocketship
Links and References