Appearing in "Route 616, Part 1"Edit
- US Army
- Mad Thinker
- Mole Monster (First appearance)
- Colin Hume (Appears on a Computer Screen, TV or Hologram Only)
- Keith Alexis (Only appearance) (Appears on a Computer Screen, TV or Hologram Only)
- Raina Shercott (Only appearance) (Appears on a Computer Screen, TV or Hologram Only)
- Bruce Banner (Appears on a Computer Screen, TV or Hologram Only)
- Thing (On-screen)
- Iron Man (On-screen)
- Thor (On-screen)
- Spider-Man (On-screen)
- Wolverine (On-screen)
- She-Hulk (On-screen)
- Red Hulk (On-screen)
- A-Bomb (On-screen)
- Captain America (On-screen)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "Route 616, Part 1"Edit
On an episode of a superhero talk show called The Power Players, discussing the problem with Earth's superhumans are author Raina Shercott, retired hero Colin Hume, and the series host Keith Alexis. Their topic is regarding the Red She-Hulk whose secret identity was recently outed as Betty Ross. They express their concerns over the other Hulks that have appeared in recent history and the possibility that they might also go rogue. Hume makes a comment how his experience taught him that a potential superhuman threat could be turned into an asset, such as when he was recruited into Alpha Flight by the Canadian government. He suggests that Captain America is doing the same thing now with the Hulks, pointing out how the Red Hulk was inducted into the Avengers. With Betty Ross' current crusade against Project Echelon, Raina is concerned over the public should she go on another rampage again. This report is being watched by Betty Ross and X-51 who are eating a diner. With her identity known to the general public, the other patrons of the diner start taking pictures of her with their cell phones. This angers Betty enough that she transforms into the Red She-Hulk and smashes the wall, sending the patrons fleeing. With their cover blown, X-51 hotwires another car and in order to get away.
Meanwhile, in San Diego, a member of Project Echelon has gone berserk and uses his flame powers to incinerate a homeless man and his dog. Before he can harm anyone else, SHIELD agents arrive on the scene and gun him down. Following this situation, General Reginald Fortean goes to the SHIELD helicarrier to complain to Director Maria Hill over her men killing one of his soldiers. She explains that they are charged with protecting the public from superhuman threats. This angers Reginald, who points out that that soldier only began acting out after he was struck in the head during a battle with the Red She-Hulk. She then informs him that SHIELD is now joining the hunt for the Red She-Hulk, particularly since she is being protected by Machine Man. Fortean thanks her for her help and departs. She is then joined by Agent Coulson who has good news for her: They have located the Red She-Hulk in a long lost SHIELD arsenal in upstate New York. Coulson questions why they don't use their newest agent to deal with Betty Ross. As if on cue, they get a call from Bruce Banner.
At the SHIELD arsenal, Betty and X-51 discover that someone had cleared out all the gear that was left for her by Nikola Tesla. This angers her as this is another setback in their search for Eleanor Bennett and confirming the coming disaster caused by Project Echelon. They are then ambushed by SHIELD agents who had come to capture her. Betty turns into the Red She-Hulk and tries to stop them, but the eventually gain the upper hand when use a device that begins burning the oxygen out of the bunker, threatening to suffocate the Red She-Hulk. While Maria talks to Bruce Banner about his recent work, he asks if there is anything the Hulk can be used for on behalf of SHIELD. Maria convinces him that there is nothing, not wanting him to get involved in their attempt to capture his ex-wife. X-51 attempts to break free from a polymer trap that he has been ensnared in, but it is a slow process. Meanwhile, the Red She-Hulk is weakening from lack of oxygen until X-51 informs her that there was air in a chamber below them. Betty manages to smash the floor and get herself and Machine Man clear from an explosive into the chamber below. The blast seals the hole, cutting them off from the SHIELD agents. Meanwhile, Maria Hill and Reginald Fortean decide to seek other assistance from the Mad Thinker, who is a prisoner of SHIELD.
Meanwhile, the Red She-Hulk and Machine Man are saved from a massive fall below the surface of the Earth by a creature made out of rock. They are soon welcomed into the subterranean domain of a creature calling himself the Mole Monster.
- The hosts of Power Players make reference to the following facts:
- That Colin Hume was a former member of Alpha Flight. He was a member from Alpha Flight #95-Alpha Flight #130. He later retired from costumed heroics in Thunderbolts #43.
- They talk about Doc Samson's exposure to gamma radiation, that happened in Incredible Hulk #141.
- They also mention that Betty Ross is the ex-wife of Bruce Banner. The pair were married in Incredible Hulk #319. She died of radiation poisoning in Incredible Hulk #466. She was later resurrected in Fall of the Hulks: Alpha #1/Incredible Hulk #610. After a turbulent period where they tried to make their marriage work again, Betty separated from Bruce in Incredible Hulk Vol 3 #2.
- The origins of the original She-Hulk (Savage She-Hulk #1) and how Rick Jones was turned into A-Bomb (Fall of the Hulks: Red Hulk #4)
- Lastly, mention is made of the Red Hulk becoming a member of the Avengers. That happened during the events of Avengers Vol 4 #7-12.
- Agent Coulson suggests that they use Bruce Banner to capture the Red She-Hulk, referring to him as their "new agent". At the time of this story, Banner was a member of SHIELD. This lasted from Indestructible Hulk #1-20.
AN ALL NEW ARC: ROUTE 616
• Red She-Hulk is S.H.I.E.L.D.’s most wanted!!!
• Machine Man joins her on a deadly chase across the Marvel U!
• Jennifer Walters is hot on their trail!
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|