- I caught a glimpse of Heaven once. The angels showed me. The idea was I'd kill for them. Clean up their mistakes on Earth. Eventually redeem myself. Tried it. Didn't like it. Told them where to stick it. So they brought me up to Heaven, to see what I'd be missing. A wife. A son. A daughter. All finally at peace. I hadn't seen them since they bled out in my arms. Then I was cast down. Back to a world of killers. Rapists. Psychos. Perverts. A brand new evil every minute, spewed out as fast as men can think them up. A world where pitching a criminal dwarf off a skyscraper to tell his fellow scum you're back is a sane and rational act. The angels thought it would be Hell for me. But they were wrong. Welcome back, Frank. Says New York City.
- -- Punisher
Appearing in "Welcome Back, Frank"Edit
- Punisher (Frank Castle) (Impersonates John Smith)
- Robbie (Only appearance; dies)
- Gnucci Family
- Mike (Voice)
- John Woo (Mentioned)
- Microchip (David Linus Lieberman) (Mentioned)
- FDNY (Mentioned)
- NYPD (Mentioned)
- Morgue Attendant
- Carlo Gnucci's Date
- Angels (Mentioned)
- Maria Castle (Mentioned)
- Frank Castle, Jr. (Mentioned)
- Lisa Castle (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Heaven (Mentioned)
- Hell (Mentioned)
- Briefcase of Money
- Duffel Bag
- Push Dagger
- Duct Tape
- Punisher's Battle Van (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "Welcome Back, Frank"Edit
The issue begins in the aftermath of a drug deal broken up by the Punisher. In a rare show of mercy the Punisher lets off the only survivor with a warning. However, immediately after the survivor brags about his survival and his plans to sell the drugs anyways. Punisher hasn't completely left, comes back, snaps his neck, and blows the warehouse to smithereens.
Frank Castle is revealed to be living in a run-down apartment under the pseudonym 'Mr. Smith', alongside a group of eccentric but well-meaning neighbors. From here, he secretly runs his war on crime.
At the city morgue, local crime figure Bobby Gnucci, member of the Gnucci crime family, inspects the corpse of his recently killed brother. In a surprise attack, the Punisher wipes Bobby and his small team of guards out handily. It seems the Punisher's current plan is to take out the Gnuccis one by one, his next target being Carlo Gnucci.
The Punisher catches up with Carlo at the Empire State Building, taking his date to see the view from the top. Punisher follows him and tying him up, tosses him from the top and watches him splat against the pavement. The Punisher is back in New York City and there will be hell to pay.
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info. 
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|