Appearing in the 1st StoryEdit
- Sheva Callister, (First appearance)
- Pallen, (First appearance)
- Lord Dorant, (First appearance)
- Lilith, (First appearance)
- Godfred Vladaam, (First appearance)
- Allister Vladaam, (First appearance)
- Ptolus, (First appearance)
- House Vladaam, (First appearance)
- Dark Reliquary, (First appearance)
- hungersword, (First appearance)
- ghostweed, (First appearance)
Synopsis for the 1st StoryEdit
The issue begins with a narrator, identifying herself as Sheva Callister, the protagonist of the story, telling how she used to a be a popular sellsword. However, she no longer works for money, but an old "friend" request her help in Ptolus and that worries her. She meets the house leader of Khatru, Lord Dorant, who wants to use her as a thief. She agrees and that night tells her former partner, and now ghost, Parnell that Dorant wants her to break into House Vladaam. It turns out a diviner has pointed the finger at that house for having stolen the Brooch of Khatru. Elsewhere, a woman known as Lilith is contacted by demon messengers about a hound and she speaks of a prophecy.
Later, Sheeva and Pallen begin their infiltration of Vladaam only to encounter werewolves as they enter. Using her hungersword to dispatch the beasts, Sheva and Pallen enter the estate to find it is a trap. Waiting inside are Godfred and Allister Vladaam. Godfred begins to fight Sheva while Allister muses about alerting the guards to help Godfred after he took care of Pallen through the necromantic arts. Sheva comes to the realization that they knew it was going to be her and that she would have a hungersword, which Iristul Vladaam has been looking for. The issue ends with her vowing to find whoever set her on this path.
- No special notes.
- Ptolus is a campaign setting for the Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game. It was created by Monte Cook.
- This mini-series is one of many produced by Marvel in conjunction with Dabel Brothers Productions.
- Part of the trade paper back collection Ptolus: City by the Spire TPB.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|