Appearing in "Among Us Walks... Black Goliath!"Edit
- Black Goliath (William Foster) (First appearance as Black Goliath)
- Claire Temple
- Dave Griffith
- Noah Burstein
- Circus of Crime
- Goliath (Only in flashback)
- Peppy Rocco
Synopsis for "Among Us Walks... Black Goliath!"Edit
While stopping to see a circus in California on their search for find Claire Temple, Luke Cage and D.W. Griffith witness as one of the trapeze artists is about to fall. Luke saves him, and it turns out to be one of the Great Gambonnos of the Circus of Crime. While wandering the circus grounds, Luke sees Claire and confronts her. She tells him that she is here to see her ex-husband. She explains that her ex is Bill Foster, who she meet, fell in love with, and married in university and that after their marriage Bill became involved with the Avengers, and eventually became the costumed super-hero known as Black Goliath.
At that moment, Black Goliath (who has been forced to be a member of the Circus of Crime) appears and attacks Luke in a fit of jealousy. Their fight is cut short however when both are immobilized by the Circus of Crime and put on the hypnotic spell of the Ringmaster.
This story is continued next issue...
- Harry B. and Karen P. (a.k.a. Karen Pocock/Mantlo) are also credited as letterers for this issue.
- In this issue the Flying Gambonno's first names are revealed: Ernesto and Luigi.
- In this story Bill Foster is erroneously referred to as Bill Temple.
- The title of this issue is imitative of Marvel's first Goliath story, Avengers #28, "Among Us Walks a Goliath"'.
- This issue features a letters page, Comments to Cage. Letters are published from Bob Stepp, Neal Myer, and Chirs Karnes. The letters page also features a Series "A" Marvel Value Stamp #27 The Black Widow.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|