Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Major Problem Time, Pip me Lad. All the Watch's Top Brass have evaporated. Nature abhors a Power Vacuum! Fortunately this Situation's got a natural Cork prepared to fill the Gap. Past Year I've hung out with enough of these Super-Hero Types to figure out what it takes to be a Top Dog in their Kennel. Figured it'd only be a matter of time 'fore the Avengers or somebody enlisted me to lead 'em. Luckily, I've been preparin' for this Moment. World, get ready for a new and improved Pip the Troll! And now, on this Stage, for the first Time in the known Universe, Monster Island Revues is proud to present the amazing, utterly stupendous, fearless, cunning and totally dependable... Pip Man!
- -- Pip the Troll src
Pip was born on a planet named Laxidazia. He was born into royalty as the 260th in line for the throne. He had an interest in art and spent much of his time drawing portraits of the night sky.
On one such idea, he found a group of Laxidazian trolls, who were considered a subspecies and degenerates to be shunned by the others. After a long night of drinking with them, Pip awoke to find that he had gained the characteristics of a troll. Their liquor was in fact enchanted with some type of altering quality. Although he tried to hide it, his transformation as well as his trollish behavior caused him to be exiled.
Adam Warlock and Infinity Watch
He spent time in various bars and seedy places. When the Magus's forces came to Laxidazia, they ordered the destruction of all trolls. Pip was captured and placed on a ship designated for those to be executed. There he met Adam Warlock and the two staged a rebellion to escape. They became allies during Warlock's fight against the Magus. After the Magus was defeated, the two briefly parted ways.
Later, Pip searched for Warlock (who had been in hibernation) at the request of Thanos, who was searching for a way to deal with the Thanosi.
Pip also helped Thanos and Galactus against the entity known as Hunger. As thanks, Thanos had him thrown out with the trash. Pip returned to working with Gamora and Adam Warlock.
Pip somehow came into debt with the goddess Hela, but escaped from her Inferno Club with a magical pendant which allowed him to morph into a human form. With the pendent, Pip went to New York City to party in bars and clubs. Meanwhile, Hela, under the guise of Halja, hired X-Factor Investigations to find Pip. Madrox and Banshee found Pip at a local pub and inadvertently alert Hela to his location. Realizing that they just hand Pip over to the goddess of death, Madrox and the other felt extremely guilty and headed to Las Vegas to save him.
With help from Thor, X-Factor battled Hela's undead army from Niffleheim and rescued Pip. Since his rescue, Pip has insisted on repaying X-Factor by working as their secretary. However, it also appears Pip is serving an unseen master with plans for Wolfsbane's baby.
|Power Grid |
- Globe Locationing: Pip can also locate any individual, anywhere.
Superhuman Strength: After his resurrection, Pip's new body had gained superhuman strength. It is estimated that he can lift around 10 Tons.
With the "Thor's Hammer" pendant:
- Metamorphosis: While wearing the pendant, Pip could morph into a human form.
- Undetectability: While wearing the pendant, Pip could not be located magically by Hela and possibly others.
Hacking: Pip admitted to being capable of hacking into the Avenger's files to look into She-Hulk's file.
Pip originally possessed a level of strength equivalent to that of a male troll of the same height, physical age, and build who engaged in moderate regular exercise. After his resurrection, Pip's new body had gained superhuman strength. It is estimated that he can lift around 10 Tons.
- With referring to Pip's mysterious employer with plans for Wolfsbane's baby, writer Peter David "I'll simply tell you it's someone we've seen before, but not in this series."
- 176 Appearances of Pip Gofern (Earth-616)
- Media Pip Gofern (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 19 Images featuring Pip Gofern (Earth-616)
- 16 Quotations by or about Pip Gofern (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Pip Gofern (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Strange Tales #179
- ↑ Strange Tales #180-181
- ↑ Warlock #9-10
- ↑ X-Factor #207-209
- ↑ X-Factor #211-213
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 X-Factor #213
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 X-Factor #221
- ↑ Thanos #4
- ↑ Warlock and the Infinity Watch #14
- ↑ X-Position: Peter David talks paying off threads in "X-Factor"
- ↑ Marston, George (7 October 2016). NYCC '16: Marvel's INFINITY GAUNTLET Panel. Newsarama. Retrieved on 7 October 2016.
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z hardcover Vol. 9
|Like this? Let us know!|