This Eisner Award-nominated artist was born in eastern Iowa, where he went on to study at the University of Iowa. His pencilling credits include Swamp Thing, Brave New World, Flinch, Ultimate Marvel Team-Up, The Coffin, Clerks: The Lost Scene, The Crow: Waking Nightmares, The Wretch (nominated for the 1997 Eisner Award for Best New Series), Aliens: Purge, and Green Arrow.
Since graduating from the University of Iowa, he has been in the comics industry for over 15 years.
Hester co-created Uncle Slam and Firedog with his Green Arrow collaborator, artist Ande Parks.
Hester continues to reside in Iowa with his wife Christine and their two children, Dean and Emma.
- Comics where "Phil Hester" created the cover
- Comics that "Phil Hester" penciled
- Subjects created by "Phil Hester"
Images Attributed to Phil Hester
- Penciler images created under the name: "Phil Hester"
- Inker images created under the name: "Phil Hester"
- Cover artist images created under the name: "Phil Hester"
- No special notes
- No trivia
Links and References
- [*1.THE PULSE news of Phil Hester ongoing Darkness Series
- ShocktraumaStudios.Com - Phil's official website
- Phil Hester: Straight Shooter - interview at Silver Bullet Comic Books
- Creator page at Action Planet
- Interview with Top Two Three Films
- Interview with The Outhouse
- Phil Hester on marvel.com
- Interview at Comicbloc.com