After defeating the Tri-Sentinel, the Uni-Power chose to remain with Peter Parker, apparently due to his heightened sense of responsibility. Spider-Man soon came to see his old sparring partners as pedestrian threats, dispatching the likes of Venom and Hobgoblin with little effort. His sense of responsibility led Parker to attack larger and larger problems in the world, ignoring his personal responsibilities and his wife, Mary Jane. This continued until he tried to alter the basic earth and weather patterns of Africa to make it lush and arable. This brought him into conflict with Thor and then Doctor Doom, who wanted to steal the Enigma Force using his Absorbascann. Doom tried using Captain Universe's original host, Ray Coffin, as a hostage, but Parker let him die while trying to get at Doom. Spider-Man realized the Uni-Power was corrupting his sense of responsibility and expelled it. The Uni-Power briefly entered Doom, only to discover it was a mere Doombot. As Spider-Man became Captain Universe again, he used the Absorbascann to release the power of the Enigma Force from his body over the entire world. The cost was his spider-powers as well as the Uni-Power, leaving Peter Parker a normal man. Or so it seemed until he and Mary Jane gave birth to a baby daughter with signs of the Uni-Power within her.
The Uni-Power: Spider-Man possesses the Cosmic abilities of Captain Universe which is the core from which his other abilities manifest from. This power was granted to him by the uni power, making him one of the absolute strongest and most powerful being in the Universe.
- Matter Control/Manipulation and Reconfiguration / Energy Emission and Absorption: Spider-Man has complete control of the four fundamental forces of the universe, reaching nearly any effect he desires. As a result, Spider-Man can rearrange matter to create other configurations and can even transmute elements. Spider-Man can channel beams of energy through his hands with sufficient destructive force to destroy planets. Additional abilities include erecting force fields, phasing through solid matter, accelerating the evolution of lifeforms on a planet-wide scale seeing the past by peeling back the layers of time, time travel, cast illusions, trans dimensional travel, manipulation and discharging of any form of energy or radiation, bestowing limited cosmic powers to others, immunity to mind control , reading minds and influencing human emotion and sensation. Spider-Man also possesses the ability to suppress the powers of other mutants/beings making them temporarily or permanently out of use to them. He can heal living beings even if they are near-death. He cannot, however, raise the dead.
- God-like Strength: Spider-Man's possesses almost limitless superhuman strength, though the exact magnitude remains vague. He can lift (press) far in excess of 100 tons effortlessly and can also use the Uni-Power to increase his strength to incalculable levels.
- Unlimited Invulnerability: Spider-Man's "skin" after gaining the Uni-Power was designed to easily withstand the rigors of deep-space travel, and thus far, it has proven to be virtually indestructible. In fact, his entire body was made highly resistant to injury and he is thus invulnerable to almost all types of physical harm. Spider-Man can easily withstand the crushing pressures of a black hole. He is not bothered by the friction associated with atmospheric re-entry, and can withstand plunges into stars and even supernovas unharmed. He also routinely weathers the stresses associated with high-speed travel through space and hyperspace.
- God-like Stamina: Spider-Man's highly enhanced musculature generates no fatigue toxins, nor body stress, or even sweat, granting him inexhaustible physical stamina, which allows him to fight other beings for prolonged periods of time before tiring, that is if he even gets tired.
- Hyperspace Travel: By exceeding 99% of the speed of light (186,000 miles per second), Spider-Man can shift himself into hyperspace, a dimension in which velocity is not limited by the speed of light.
- Cosmic Senses: Spider-Man has certain cosmic-energy enhanced perceptions which enable him through concentration to become aware of the patterns of energy anywhere in the world. These abilities allow him far-ranging vision (in space he can see people clearly over a light year away), the ability to see sub-atomic particles, superhuman hearing, the ability to detect fields, traces, and concentrations of pure forms of energy and discern their natures.
- Cosmic Self-Sustenance: Spider-Man does not need to eat or breathe since he absorbs life-maintaining cosmic energy directly through his skin.
- 1 Appearances of Peter Parker (Earth-91110)
- Minor Appearances of Peter Parker (Earth-91110)
- Media Peter Parker (Earth-91110) was Mentioned in
- 2 Images featuring Peter Parker (Earth-91110)
- Quotations by or about Peter Parker (Earth-91110)
- Character Gallery: Peter Parker (Earth-91110)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|