Spider-Man rejected the rebirth offered to him by the giant spider and killed it by ripping off its head. The Venom symbiote sensed what was happening and left Mac Gargan to seek out Peter Parker under his cocoon in the Brooklyn Bridge. It searched him out and after a long mental struggle took him over, filling the gap left by his incomplete metamorphosis. The new creature broke into Stark Tower and confronted Aunt May and Mary Jane, and tried to reassure them everything would be okay. The symbiote-possessed Peter believed his creation to be an act of love, a miracle beyond anything one could ever ask for in church; His intention was to "share his gift" with Mary Jane, bonding her to a new symbiote spawn. After Mary Jane referred to him as Venom, the symbiote-possessed Peter denounces Venom as a loser that never realized his full potential and renames himself "Poison." Wolverine attempted to fight him but was soon defeated. Luke Cage does the same but Poison produced a stinger from his wrist that pierced Luke's skin on his shoulder, which rendered him helpless on the floor.
Poison again offered Mary Jane his power, but she spurned him and said she would rather be dead. This did not faze Poison, as he stated he could reanimate her corpse with a symbiote to be just like him, though she would be a mindless creature "without the pesky feminine impulses getting in the way." Mary Jane agreed to being bonded to the symbiote's spawn in exchange for Poison sparing Luke Cage and Wolverine, but promising that she would make his live a living hell. Poison had second thoughts and Mary Jane convinced him to leave. Poison eventually unearthed the body of Gwen Stacy and resurrected her with a symbiote, turning her into a Carnage-like creature.
- Gifted Intellect
- Master Acrobat
- Skilled Photographer
- Science Major
- Expert Combatant
Symbiote Stinger, Symbiote Tendrils
- Poison's dialogue is shown in the same black and white speech balloons of Venom, but outlined with a red border.
- The Poison costume is unlockable in Spider-Man: Edge of Time for Spider-Man 2099 by typing in the code 'innerspider'
- It seems that Peter has still a degree of control, because when MJ agreed to the replication, but not without telling him she would have made his life a 'living hell,' he left. However, Uatu the Watcher states that nothing remains of Peter's personality.
- He refers to himself as 'I' instead of 'we', caused presumably by his permanent bonding with Venom.
- Poison was one of the versions of Spider-Man who did not appear in the Spider-Verse event, though he is featured on the cover of Edge of Venomverse Vol 1 1.
- 1 Appearances of Peter Parker (Earth-70134)
- 1 Minor Appearances of Peter Parker (Earth-70134)
- Media Peter Parker (Earth-70134) was Mentioned in
- 14 Images featuring Peter Parker (Earth-70134)
- Quotations by or about Peter Parker (Earth-70134)
- Character Gallery: Peter Parker (Earth-70134)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|