Appearing in "Enter: The Smuggler!"Edit
- Artie and Sam (Subway workers) (First appearance)
- Smuggler's Gang Members
- New York City
Synopsis for "Enter: The Smuggler!"Edit
Convinced into a night out on the town with his fellow T.A. Phillip Chang ends abruptly when he spots Tommy Li, a member of the White Dragon gang. Peter ditches Phillip to change into Spider-Man and follow after Tommy Li to find out who his employer is.
He soon captures Li and forces him to bring him to the hide-out of his employer, and learns that Tommy Li is currently employed by the Smuggler, who has been running a successful smuggling of black market goods. After a brief battle with Spider-Man, the Smuggler proves to be an inferior foe, now that his powers had diminished and Spider-Man easily defeats him and his goons before they can complete their latest smuggling operations.
Appearing in "--- The White Tiger!"Edit
- White Tiger (Flashback and main story)
- Sons of the Tiger (Only in flashback)
- Jack of Hearts (Only in flashback)
- Spider-Man (Only in flashback)
- Lightmaster (Only in flashback)
- Holly Gillis (Only in flashback)
- Awilda Ayala (Death)
- Maria Ayala (Death)
- Nestor Ayala (Death)
- Lou Gunther (First appearance)
Synopsis for "--- The White Tiger!"Edit
Blackbyrd has got a bead on a criminal named Lou Gunther a local hood. He tells him the origins of the White Tiger. He also explains of the White Tigers various exploits, and how his civilian identity became public knowledge following a battle against the Lightmaster with Spider-Man. He finished by telling Lou that Hector's family was recently murdered by criminals and that his girlfriend broke up with him. Finishing his story, Blackbyrd lets the White Tiger loose on Lou to learn who it was who killed his family.
When Lou is unable to tell the White Tiger what he needs to know, Blackbyrd has to stop the White Tiger from beating the man to death. Blackbyrd promises the White Tiger that they will find his families murderer and bring them to justice.
This story is continued next issue...
- The 2nd Story, "The White Tiger", is the first of a series of back-up stories.
- This issue contains a letters page, Spectacular Spider-Mail. Letters are published from, Adam Idelson, Robb Yonkin, J.M.B. Zaranka, and Rick Glover.
- "Artie" and "Sam" are coincidentally the names of the pre-dominent Marvel letterers of the Marvel Age of Comics: Art Simek and Sam Rosen.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man Vol 1 49 on the forums
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|