Appearing in "Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death!"Edit
- Doctor Morris Sloan
- Philip Chang
- Steve Hopkins
- Curt Connors
- Marcy Kane
- Earl (Only Appearance), Night Policeman on Liberty Island
- Roy (Only Appearance), Night Policeman on Liberty Island
Synopsis for "Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death!"Edit
Running late for an ESU boat ride across the Hudson, Peter Parker gets there in the nick of time as Spider-Man before changing back into Parker and joining his colleagues. Meanwhile, the Frightful Four have come to the Statue of Liberty, a regular meeting place when Spider-Man and the Human Torch would work with each other in a bid to lure Spider-Man to that location.
As Debra Whitman is trying to confide in Peter of her insecurities, Peter suddenly leaves when he sees a flame message over the statue that he thinks is from the Human Torch. Arriving there as Spider-Man, his guard is down when the "Human Torch" he comes to meet is really Electro in a specially made suit created by the Wizard that imitates the Torch's powers.
The rest of the Frightful Four then join the fight and easily over-power the unprepared Spider-Man. After the fight is ended, the Wizard reveals his intentions of posing as Spider-Man to get close enough to the Fantastic Four to destroy them.
This story is continued in Fantastic Four #218....
- No special notes.
- The cover of this issue is one of the 32 that appear in the comic collection from the 2000 video game Spider-Man.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man Vol 1 42 on the forums
- Debra Whitman and Steve Hopkins appear next in Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man #43 (next issue)
- The Frightful Four and Spider-Man appear next in Fantastic Four # 218
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|