In accordance with the naming conventions, it has been suggested that this page be moved to:
Appearing in "And Men Shall Call Him... Octopus!"Edit
- Dr. Octopus (Apparent death)
- The Octosphere
Synopsis for "And Men Shall Call Him... Octopus!"Edit
Story continued from Amazing Spider-Man Annual #13...
Spider-Man is on his way to the scene of his last battle against Dr. Octopus when he stops briefly to stop a collapsing wall. Returning to the construction site where the battle took place, Spider-Man finds what he came looking for: One of Octopus's arms which broke off in the fight. He takes it with him in hopes of learning a way of tracking Octavius. Meanwhile, Dr. Octopus is having his men repair the damage done to his chest harness, he vows to get revenge against Spider-Man.
The next day, Peter takes the mechanical arm with him to ESU, where he has to shake off Marcy Kane who has come to apologize for her behavior towards him during the Swarm's attack at the school. Alone in the lab, Peter finds that Octopus's arm still has a mind of its own. Unable to contain it, Peter tags it with a spider-tracer hoping to track it later, figuring it'll lead him right to Dr. Octopus.
Following the signal to the east river, Spider-Man stumbles upon Dr. Octopus's plot to try and capture a specialized military sub. In spite of opposition from the military and coast guard, Spider-Man manages to get aboard the sub and battles Dr. Octopus aboard. During the battle, the sub is damaged enough to start taking water. Spider-Man manages to get away, however, when Dr. Octopus tries to escape, one of his arms gets caught on a closing escape hatch and he is pulled down with the sub and seemingly perishes.
- Spider-Man mentions his encounter with the ghost of Kent Blake, that happened in Amazing Spider-Man Annual #13.
- Peter mentions how the Swarm attacked ESU recently. That happened in Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man #36-37.
- Although Doctor Octopus seemingly drowns here, he resurfaces alive and well in Daredevil #165.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man Annual Vol 1 1 on the forums
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|